FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Streamer experiences, please?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Streamer experiences, please?
    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:49pm
Dear all,
  I’m rebuilding a streamer set up for headphone listening. The digital library is enormous and I’d like to bring it up to the same standard as my vinyl rig. I’ve heard streamers from Bluesound, Allo, Project and entry level Auralic, and they all have their advantages, but they’re not cutting the mustard. 

Has anyone here any experience with the Innuos Zen or Antipodes S30/40? Really difficult to travel for an audition at the moment with work, so any relatable experience will be greatly received.

All the best,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 6:44pm
Hi Mick,
Best streamer I’ve heard/owned was a C#### Stream X Signature. The sound was glorious but interface was an absolute shambles, so much so I eventually ditched it. I’m looking for a replacement too. I want to hear a N##m one next.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 11:15pm
I have the Xa, rather than the Signature. Sounds great, but I was annoyed when, almost as soon as I'd bought it, they decided to do away with the nRemote (which talks directly to the streamer and displays metadata etc.), and started pushing their app instead. That doesn't work for me as they expect it to be used through a network, whereas I just want to use the streamer as a source or renderer, to play tracks from a local USB drive. The app does allow you to locate and select tracks, but it doesn't read the files' metadata (I don't stream music or radio from the internet).

They've just launched a new range of amps etc., but there's no streamer there - so maybe a replacement is in development.
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 7:34am
I’ve not heard it, but if I were in the market I would research it.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by TheScorpionsTale TheScorpionsTale wrote:

I have the Xa, rather than the Signature. Sounds great, but I was annoyed when, almost as soon as I'd bought it, they decided to do away with the nRemote (which talks directly to the streamer and displays metadata etc.), and started pushing their app instead. That doesn't work for me as they expect it to be used through a network, whereas I just want to use the streamer as a source or renderer, to play tracks from a local USB drive. The app does allow you to locate and select tracks, but it doesn't read the files' metadata (I don't stream music or radio from the internet).

They've just launched a new range of amps etc., but there's no streamer there - so maybe a replacement is in development.

Glad to hear it wasn’t just me who found the app bloody annoying!

Really disappointing that a piece of equipment like that had an afterthought user interface. I tackled them about it about 18months ago lot of denial and general flannel. Made a great product utterly s####e. You could even create playlists for god sake. 
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:35am
Yes! How can the interface be so poor on these things? The only tactile bit of the experience! anyway, I’ve gone with the Inn**s and it’s excellent. User interface for importing, ripping cd and editing metadata is bloody fantastic. Roon is dead to me. They’re bringing out their own app late May and it will mean ditching iPeng that I’m currently using. It sounds awesome via a DAC and my Solo ULDE. 
MICK.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Aussie Mick Aussie Mick wrote:

Inn**s
What’s this Mick?
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic