FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Bookshelf speaker recommendation for Proprius

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 9:00pm
Another bookshelf which this time has the "kudos" of a Proprius review (Stereo Times) is the Harbeth P3-ES2.

I have the professional M20 version with which your Proprius was developed (even though according to Alan Shaw you need at least 40W)

The other bookshelf speaker with which the Proprius was developed you have already rejected.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 6:45am
There are a number of us on this forum using PMC speakers. I’m running the second smallest Twenty5.22 with great success. I imagine the Twenty5.21 would be similarly good.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 5:54pm
I like the 'Concept' of the Proprius. Two mono power amp but with a volume control and transistors  to reflect the designs of the 1970 JHart A/b bias, reminiscent to the best late 50's and 60 ' valve SET output. Also it could be placed piggy back as modern build in digital amp speakers.  

I use Bookshelves Focal 705 in the dining room and very please but it's limited power output  comes into it's own with the Focal Aria 936, Floorstanding 92 sensitivity in my 4 by 6 meter lounge. Being small and light and rugged it can be portable and it's 25 watts is solid metal.  
discrete badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discrete badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 6:16pm
I've heard the later P3-ESR and was highly impressed. A wonderful small speaker.

In a lower price bracket, the LS50 is also very good. 
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 6:03pm
I've seen a second hand Twenty5-22 online recently if that helps. It was on 2nd Hand hifi.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic