FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Phono Stage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Bluesman 70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman 70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:22am
Good morning BackinBlack thanks for the links read the info on GS phono Stages understood some but not a lot . I will contact John C with regards to a loan Accession .Have read a bit on this Forum and think the Accession may be the one .Thanks for your help Stay Safe. Graham Tongue
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 1:45pm
Hi Graham, glad you found it useful. There's a wealth of information within these pages although sometimes it can take a while to find!  I hope someday to replace my Reflex M with the Accession, it really does sound good.
Happy Listening
Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bluesman 70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:53am
good morning from a wet Wirral i took the advise from here and got in touch with John C and loaned a Accession mm and a pair of CuSat50 interconnects they arrived yesterday and have been on soak overnight so off i go with a large coffee to see if they are better than my Naim Phonostage thanks for all the info 
Graham
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:19am
Hi Graham,
   I’m sure I’m not the only one looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Best wishes,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman 70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:24am
Good morning latest news on listening to my loan Accession MM with GS interconnect i took advise from here and just put on any lp that took my fancy from late 60 to up to date and had fun. There is a good improvement in sound  quality from my Naim Soundstage Phono ,more instrument definition, deeper bass and an improvement it sound stage but i feel something is missing i can not try with my interconnect i use with the Naim phono because it is Din to Din so what interconnect do people on here use i have an older Chord interconnect of which i will try over the weekend also is there much difference between the PSU1 and the Enigma can any one help hope you are all staying safe Graham  
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:37am
Mornin' Graham,
Nice to hear your first impressions of the Accession.
Even though the loan Accession has probably completed initial burn in, it can take a few days of continuous power on to regain optimum performance. Same goes for the CuSats, which are usually regarded as very neutral sounding.

Happy Listening
Ian

Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 1:35pm
Hi Bluesman 70
I agree with BlackinBlack. Keep the Accession on power, Then I would listen to it on Sunday, With my Reflex M when I moved my system I had forgot to connect up  my phono and power it up and it took 3 days before I got back the sound quality that I had before. As for the cables are they new and unused if so they also need time to burn in too but that is done in playing time (hours) When I got my new cables the shop did that for me For free, so may be using your old cables may help you assess the sound quality better.  
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic