FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Potential owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:55pm
I wont give you any more advice WELL unless you ask for it.
BUT you have touched on something close to my heart buying British (manufactured) that is a hard thing to do now a days the things I do have are my Graham Slee stuff my cables, speaker stands and HiFi rack other than that every thing else is only designed here, well not my turntable and headphones. Now I know people are going to say Rega and Edwards Audio ie turntable and amplifier but like I said my only HiFi shop don't stock them. As for headphones is there a British company ? I can not think of one  
There are British high end manufactures of HiFi but most of that stuff is well out of my budget and like you said quality and bang for buck are my buying points too.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Speculator66 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speculator66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 12:58pm
Yes Dave
Do go ahead and use the Loan Program
I've just received a loan Accession C and have been blown away by it in just a few days.

Like you, I had never had a pre-amp having always used Integrated Amps.
Then I got a new T/T with a moving coil cartridge and had to bite another bullet.

I had a P******t Phono Tube DS and had some real issues with low frequencies booming on some records.
This pre-amp has eliminated those issues.

We all have lots to learn and, looking around here, there are so many helpful people with advice.
Dave63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:20pm
I am going to make the call tomorrow and see what I can get my hands on. I am looking forward to it immensely. Many thanks
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:41pm
Thanks for joining us here Dave. I hope you will enjoy years of pleasure from your Graham Slee designed gear as we have. I also have a Michell turntable, it's a GyroDec with the Orbe platter (I call it a 'Gorbe' now as others do) and I am still delighted with it. WIth my Accession MC I have the hifi I dreamed of in my 20's and am probably playing the same records but hearing 100% of the music now!

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Dave63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:11pm
Well the Reflex M loaner arrived and I am just addicted to the sound.
First impressions were a little overwhelming, but now I have just fallen for it.
Did anyone know it also give a brief respite for tinnitus? An interesting and very welcome side affect.

Ordered one tonight.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:18pm
Hi Dave,
  One of the traits of the two Slee phonotages i have experience with is that there is always a huge amount of detail on offer without any treble emphasis whatsoever. Extended listening sessions galore with no fatigue. I wonder if that’s related to your experience?
All the best,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 10:19pm
Hi Dave, I can't offer a medical opinion but I have always found listening to LP's through the Graham Slee phono stages relaxing and yet holding my attention as the hours go by! Musical and not shrill if that helps. I have found I prefer recording my LP's and playing them back rather than contemporary CD's of the same albums. I think Mick is probably right.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic