FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession M

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Philmack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Philmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accession M
    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 9:47pm
A quick review on the Accession M with PSU Enigma and Lautus ICs

I had the phono stage in my system for 3 weeks on the loaner program.

Once in position and all switches on the front set for stereo RIAA I set about listening to a selection of records that I use as a reference.

From the off the Accession sings, it is easily the best MM phono stage I have had in my system and the least expensive, I have even removed my preamp to just use the volume control on the Accession the system sounds way more musical and I am just loving the sound.

I have bought an Accession M off the back of the loaner program all be it with the PSU one.

I think the Accession M with PSU one is an amazing product.

Phil

Current System - MOFI Studio Deck and Studio Tracker Cartridge, Accession M with PSU one, Custom 300B PSE Mono-Blocks, Ascension Phase 3 Valve speakers
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 10:28pm
Thanks Phil.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:44am
Hi Phil,
   You’re not the only one. Welcome aboard.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
pcourtney View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcourtney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:04pm
welcome Phil - the Accession is pretty much perfect for me, I can't be bothered chasing the last 2 or 3% of so called perceived SQ anymore  :-) 
GS Accession MM Pre, Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 Amp and AKG K-1000 headphones
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 7:23pm
I was just coming to the forum to post my experience with Accession M so might as well jump on this new thread. 

I've had my Accession M for a few months now. I bought it used from Canuck Audio Mart (US) for a very reasonable price and determined from sending the serial number to John C that it was probably from around 2016/2017. 

I was using a Reflex M at the time, which I bought new from a Canadian dealer in June 2020, so I was still pretty new to Graham Slee products but had been very impressed and couldn't pass up the Accession M deal since I knew I was going to buy one eventually anyway.

My initial impressions were actually mixed, as I was comparing directly to the Reflex M within the first couple of days. I figured it would be fully broken in after so many years of use. Well, it might have been, but for whatever reason (the fact that it was unplugged for so long in mail, the fact that it was quite cold outside) it needed a good 3 days being plugged in to begin to show it's superiority to the Reflex M. In a way, it has only gotten better since. 

I should say that I have an Enigma PSU1 which I bought for the Reflex and use with the Accession now. 

The Accession offer what I can only describe as a natural, full sound with an "aura". Sounds kind of hokey, but when I listen to things, they have this light emanating from them. I think that what I probably really mean is that the atmosphere of the recordings is translated by the Accession. There's a lot of presence to the sound, even when it's quiet. It has really brought my entire classical collection to life, as well as offering superior listening of all the other stuff (jazz, rock, indie, reggae, hip hop, acoustic).

In a way, I don't have a lot of adjectives for the Accession sound because it's just "right." Everythings sounds as it should and I'm more focused on the music itself rather than how cool my phono stage is, which is exactly how it should be. In the end, hi-fi is about getting closer to the music, not making the music sound in a specific way that some equipment designer wants it to sound.

One of the best things about the Accession, beside how awesome it is to listen to my music through it, is the way it has killed my quest for better sound. I have arrived at sound I can be happy with. No small feat and such a relief to my pocket book.

Ok, well not really, because now I can focus on all the expensive AAA vinyl I want to own. So maybe it hasn't been that kind to my pocket book LOL

Thank you Graham for putting the music first in your design!

Edited by Pushpaw - 08 Dec 2020 at 7:25pm
P******t Debut Carbon, Goldring 1042, GS Accession MM w/Enigma, GS Solo ULDE w/PSU1, Sennheiser HD6XX, Technics SU-800 IA, Castle Knight 1, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, Lautus & CuSat50
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:45pm
^^ a great review! 

i'm lucky enough to have both an MM and MC Accession, and I'm never going to look for an upgrade (unless Graham brings out another game changer of course! LOL)
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:50am
You have my interest! What's your preference - MM or MC? I've actually never heard an MC setup before. Is it a big upgrade?
P******t Debut Carbon, Goldring 1042, GS Accession MM w/Enigma, GS Solo ULDE w/PSU1, Sennheiser HD6XX, Technics SU-800 IA, Castle Knight 1, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, Lautus & CuSat50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic