FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Ordered my Accession MM today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Cologne-Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cologne-Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ordered my Accession MM today
    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:08pm
I'm proud to anounce that another Accession MM w. PSU 1 Enigma is on it's way to germany to spread his magic in cologne.

I'm using a Gram Amp 2 SE for over 4 years, very satisfied.
But the lockdown-related possibility to spend whole more time to listen to my Hifi-system made me think about to make another step up the ladder. Plus the possibility to go via the variable output directly into the poweramp-section of my integrated and/or into my RME ADI 2 Pro AD-DA converter.
Thomas

TT: BROBO Berlin 80 A 95/ Jelco SA250 12"/Ort. 2M Black/ GAmp 2 SE/Accuphase E406V/AD/DAC: RME ADI-2 Pro fs
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 6:55pm
Hi Thomas
I see you are a Ortofon user. I have the 2M Bronze and I'm vary happy with It, how do you find the Black? I don't know much about your turntable, But with Accession and PSU1 Enigma you are going to get the best out of the 2M Black for sure.

Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cologne-Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:39pm
I had the bronze needle before too.  Great sounding system, warm and bright sound. But i had some problems espacialliy when the pick-up came to the innergrooves  and sibillants of the records.
After several "recallibrations" and buying a a second needle that brought no improvements ( i think Ortofons has serious problems with QC).
I switched to the black/Shibata needle. That was a good decision. The same tonality but a little more presence and detail in my opinion.
My player is a custom-made Mass(?)-Player made of granite (plinth & platter) from a little Workshop in a small town nearby cologne.
Thomas

TT: BROBO Berlin 80 A 95/ Jelco SA250 12"/Ort. 2M Black/ GAmp 2 SE/Accuphase E406V/AD/DAC: RME ADI-2 Pro fs
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 10:00pm
Hi Thomas
I have just remembered you email me on 02/05/20 with some pic's of your turntable. It was the word GRANITE that rang a bell in my brain I have just had a look again (nice) I have had no problems with the bronze. May be I have been lucky or they sorted out the QC issues when I got It, I found it on the bright side but the new speakers have sorted that out and I am vary happy with the sound now
(I can't remember what your post was about it may have been about a phono amp?)

Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
pcourtney View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pcourtney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 10:23am
Hi Thomas (and Jonathan), and any other MM lovers .............

I bought my Accesssion MM in Sept 2016, used it probably once a week, but then Covid happened and I have been playing more vinyl than ever, every day in fact :-)

I am now even buying more records to add to my collection, my humble system has been elevated quite considerably since I bought the Accession 4 years ago, the timeline of what I have in my system is something like this :
Beogram 8002  1983   (lots of MMC carts, and Soundsmith SMMC2) 
AKG K-1000   1990
Red Wine Audio 30.2 amp for the K-1000's  2008
Graham Slee Accession MM   2016 

I have now bought a second Begram 8002, and looking forward to getting a second system setup for our summer home next year :-)

Nothing wrong with MM in my little world !

GS Accession MM Pre, Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 Amp and AKG K-1000 headphones

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cologne-Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:24am
My Accession arrived early on saturday (12th december) and is already plugged in since 10 o'clock in the morning.
I'm looking forward to give it next saturday a first listen. I'm very excited. Thanks to John C. and the whole HSC-Team for the good service so far.

I'm already listening to my personal "Test-records" for comparsion my 
2 year+ continous burnin' GramAmp 2 SE and the 1 week burned in Accession.

To be continued......
Thomas

nemu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 7:57am
Hi Thomas!

Congratulations to your Acession MM. I am sure you will have lots of fun with this fine phono amp.

Best Wishes from Bonn
Stephan
Accession MM (PSU1), Accession MC (Enigma PSU1)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic