FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hi from Liverpool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JerryS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JerryS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from Liverpool
    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 4:14pm
I have just installed my GS Communicator 2 into my system replacing a Pro Ject mm phono box. What a transformation....this could lead to a PSU1 very soon and a headphone amp...and a ...What have i done!Smile
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:14pm
Hi Robert and Welcome
 What's your system. May be able to help with choosing a headphone amp if and when your ready.
You'll find a lot of members ready and waiting to give you some very good advice on this forum ( it's vary FRIENDLY) 

Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:22pm
Welcome Robert to the slippery slope of GSP ownership.
Plenty of background reading here and if you have questions there'll be no shortage of informed answers.

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
JerryS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:34pm
Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for the welcome and any help is much appreciated.
I have a P******t debut audiophile with an ortofon om 20 cartridge/stylus running thro a beresford switch box to q acoustics bt3 speakers. 
I also use a Innuos Zen server running thro a Topping Dac and a Cambridge Audio Azur 340c CD player.
I don't have a headphone amp at all at the moment and previously, a few years ago, used a Rega Ear.
Any advice welcome as I am open to ideas. Ideas for headphones most welcome as well please.
Thanks.

JerryS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:40pm
Thanks Ian,
I am just getting back into separates having been down the sonos/naim muso route until a few months ago.
I missed my separates and have had separates systems before and thought it a good time to start again. 
I sold the sonos/naim stuff and have been buying bits and pieces over the last few months.
I never sold my vinyl luckily enough but sold many hundreds of cd's a few years ago. I am buying Cd's again, from charity shops, when i can!
I am looking forward to putting a system together.
Robert

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:45pm
Thanks for joining our community Robert. I'm glad you are enjoying your Communicator 2 with your turntable and the OM20 which I have heard good things about.

Headphones with good amps liberate the music by eliminating troubling room acoustics and decor/layout issues. You can also listen louder at the times you want.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic