FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Seeking advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Blade View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:07pm
Hi Yannis,
I have a similar setup to you Rega Planar 3 (although a little modded now), NEO PSU and a Brio amp. 

I have a Gram Amp2 SE with a PSU1 and have been delighted with it. I am running a AT VM750SH which is way better than the Elys and the Exact I had before. I changed the cartridge first and then the phono next.

I wish I had demo'd the Reflex M before buying the GA but I am not disappointed with the sound quality I now have. 

Glenn

Edited by Blade - 15 Nov 2020 at 7:13pm
L*nn Sondek LP12, AT VM750SH MM, Graham Slee Reflex M with PSU1 , Musical Fidelity M5SI, Dynaudio Special 40
panatha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote panatha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:22pm
Thank you all for your comments.
I know about the loan program but I think that it is rather late given the changes after January 1st 2021.
Kevin, I would describe myself as a music lover. It is an expensive hobby, there are always budget restrictions (especially now with the covid) and this budget should also cover buying records. I agree that there are very good MM cartridges out there and I would be more than fine with them.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by panatha panatha wrote:

I know about the loan program but I think that it is rather late given the changes after January 1st 2021.

The European loaner program distributes the products within Europe, and has no connection with the UK, except for enthusiasm which knows no borders.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Originally posted by panatha panatha wrote:

The European loaner program distributes the products within Europe, and has no connection with the UK, except for enthusiasm which knows no borders.

Indeed it does. I am based in France, so happy to help now, or after the 1st January. Nothing changes for the European scheme.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
panatha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panatha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:31am
By “late” I mean that I have to make a buying decision soon, to avoid any extra charges. The loan program is an excellent idea but it would be difficult for me to make use of it, given my work schedule until the end of the year.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 5:50pm
If it ends up being WTO rules, then we take off the UK VAT, and you pay the equivalent at your end.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 10:13pm
Give the loan program a shot when you have the time. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

RE: MM vs. MC, my opinion is that unless you are prepared to spend quite a bit on an MC cartridge and then again when it needs to be retipped, forget MC. Get a good MM cart instead. 

My 2 cents...
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic