FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Upgrade from MoFi StudioPhono phonostage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
dansomeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dansomeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade from MoFi StudioPhono phonostage
    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 8:05pm
Hello all,

New to the forum, and am considering upgrading my phono stage from a MoFi StudioPhono to a Reflex M.  Does anyone who has heard both of these have an opinion as to whether this would be a worthwhile upgrade?

My system includes a MoFi StudioDeck TT with a Grado Gold3 cartridge, a Concept 6.5 receiver, and Zu Audio Omen DW Mk II speakers.  I really like the Grado Gold3's very musical sound, and intend to stick with high output Grado carts for the foreseeable future.  I also might be trying a low-watt SET tube amp in the near future.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
Grado Gold3 > MoFi StudioDeck > MoFi StudioPhono > Concept 6.5 > Zu Audio Omen DW Mk.II
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 2:18pm
Hi Dan,
   Fortunately you don’t need to take anyone’s word! Jump onto the loan scheme and have a Reflex M in your home for two weeks, for the price of postage. The Reflex M is excellent and has been for a very long time.
All the best,
Mick
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dansomeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 2:35pm
Mick,

Thanks, I took your advice and will listen with my own ears. A loaner Reflex M is on its way and should be here in a day or two, looking forward to the trial!
Dan
Grado Gold3 > MoFi StudioDeck > MoFi StudioPhono > Concept 6.5 > Zu Audio Omen DW Mk.II
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:08pm
Happy listening Dan.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 2:08pm
Hi Dan,

I hope the loaner program goes well for you.

FWIW, I had a Mofi SP for awhile and sold it after getting the Reflex M. I also did the loaner program. There were things I liked about the SP but ultimately the Reflex won out. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dansomeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

Hi Dan,
I hope the loaner program goes well for you.
FWIW, I had a Mofi SP for awhile and sold it after getting the Reflex M. I also did the loaner program. There were things I liked about the SP but ultimately the Reflex won out. 

Thanks, I hope so too. The loaner arrives today and I will do some listening this weekend. Thanks also for your detailed review of the Reflex at Hoffman, it helped point me in this direction.
Dan
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:47pm
Excellent news Dan, you've got a long but enjoyable weekend ahead of you!

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic