FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

The Funk Firm Houdini

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:46am
Originally posted by CageyH CageyH wrote:

I think a quick google will show the patent application number, or a search using his name.
I could not view the patent though, so I may have been looking in the wrong place.

The number I found is GB1708029.2 - Cartridge Isolator. This may not be the latest.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:46am
Now I’m thinking about what it would need to do for the money. Will it make an RB300 compete with an SME-V? Then it’s obviously a bargain. But if it makes an RB300 compete with an RB808, not so much...
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Aussie Mick Aussie Mick wrote:

US$400 and they’re saying use it on a Rega P1. Look, I’m a believer that everything matters. EVERYTHING. But surely at that level you’re better off putting those dollars into a MUCH better turntable? Or superior phonostage? Would I try it on my RP8? Yes, definitely, because the track record of that company speaks for itself. But a P1?
Can’t wait for your feedback, Kevin!
Mick

It will be interesting to see what it does on my arm, which is very similar to an FXR. It seems expensive, but there is a money back guarantee  if you are not happy.

I am eagerley awaiting it's arrival, but I have not paid for it yet.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:40am
I know this might sound like me bitching, but when I wanted to tell the world about my invention, I did it through my patent application, which was granted by the Americans, but so far, the British can't be arsed.

You do it through a patent application because you want to tell everybody about your discovery. In doing so, you separate yourself from the bullsh*t claims of others.

It also protects your idea for as long as it takes for the patent office to conclude their investigations, which took 3 years in the US. It now has 20 years (minus the patent date) to run. Because the British are so slow, the UK application is still protecting it - great!

It is a complete arsehole finding your patent application or granted patent online. Therefore, I did the hard work and provided links for would-be customers to view. If I hadn't, I would imagine that would-be customers would think I was bullsh*tting them.

Also, the cost of patenting is so expensive, you'd want to get your value for money, or at least your 15 minutes of fame! I'm going for the 15 minutes as I'll never earn my twenty-grand back!

I'm mentioning this only because Mr. Funk Firm could be making the most of his hard work, rather than what it seems - hiding his light under a bushel. It is also interesting to other engineers/inventors to read about the technology!

I gave up trying to find it, but in the process, I found this patent:

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?DB=EPODOC&II=1&ND=3&adjacent=true&locale=en_EP&FT=D&date=20061004&CC=GB&NR=2424748A&KC=A#
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:42am
Will be very interesting to hear your opinion on this next step Kevin...

Edited by RichW - 17 Sep 2020 at 10:42am
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:44am
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:04pm

Then you need to change the start date in the date range.

Whilst on there I discovered mine will have taken 9 years before being examined sometime in 2023.

Advice to Arthur: take out a US Patent - us British are crap!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic