FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession Ordered!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Originally posted by Pushpaw Pushpaw wrote:

Where can I get one of those crystals? I’ll remortgage my house for it if it just deepens the bass a little and clarifies the high frequency response. My wife won’t be able to tell, but I will darn it!

Do you really mean that? Evil SmileWink

Ha, the problem is there's a part of me that does mean it. I have a sickness. 

P******t Debut Carbon, Goldring 1042, GS Accession MM w/Enigma, GS Solo ULDE w/PSU1, Sennheiser HD6XX, Technics SU-800 IA, Castle Knight 1, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, Lautus & CuSat50
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 7:24pm
Try that K240 Studio everyone is praising against your HD6X0. Should highlight the differences between Reflex and Accession with even more clarity.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

Try that K240 Studio everyone is praising against your HD6X0. Should highlight the differences between Reflex and Accession with even more clarity.

I'll look into them.

Any idea how the Massdrop K7XX are? There's a set for sale that I could probably get. I don't really know how I will mesh with the AKG sound. I understand highs are more present but maybe I'm wrong on that?
P******t Debut Carbon, Goldring 1042, GS Accession MM w/Enigma, GS Solo ULDE w/PSU1, Sennheiser HD6XX, Technics SU-800 IA, Castle Knight 1, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, Lautus & CuSat50
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:51pm
Sorry, I don't know how they sound as I haven't used them. I am far from a headphone expert. I suggest the K240 Studio because it's less than 50 quid so it's a low risk investment. The MKII version with velvet pads might be more comfortable. I don't think you can always attribute a certain type of sound signature to a manufacturer/brand. There are sometimes exceptions.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 10:17pm
Update: Accession MM reached another level of performance last night. I know the sound is good when I stop caring about sound quality and the music is just there, washing over me. Also, not sure if this is Accession or me but I have found that suddenly I don’t need to listen at as high a volume. The music is very present and clear at a lower volume. This isn’t something where I deliberately decided to set volume lower because I felt it was too high. I just don’t need it as high now. Strange. 

In any case, the sound is phenomenal. I find especially pleasing with acoustic instruments, including acoustic guitar/vocal, classical, and jazz. It excels with every musical style though. 
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:33pm
I should add that’s about 1 week into Accession being plugged in. 
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:31am
Re lower volume required - experience has been that this is to do with a greatly reduced noise floor, so you’re not battling noise and distortion to hear detail. It’s a wonderful thing to have musical impact and presence at lower levels.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic