FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Upgrade option

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pedlar17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pedlar17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade option
    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 10:07pm
I’m currently on the upgrade path, and thinking about the next phono stage.
My system currently is a project signature 10 table with Ortofon Cadenza black.
Speakers are living voice Avatar ibx2.
I’m looking at improving the phono stage, and currently running a Trichord Dino3 with the additional power supply.

I have heard good things about The Accession MC . Would this be a decent upgrade?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
DT999 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:55am
I can't comment on the Accession vs. your current equipment, but I will say a while ago I was also looking at my upgrade path and the phono stage and in particular GSP.

I took advantage of the home loaner program to trial a Reflex-M in my own system and compare it to my existing phono. The result - I bought a Reflex-M and have just this week received an Accession for my 2nd turntable.

For me being able to trial the equipment in your own system and room at no cost other than postage is fantastic; it says alot about belief in the product and gives a much better real life representation than testing in a HiFi shop (although I do advocate trying to hear things prior to purchase rather than relying on others recommendations).

Being in the UK, you should be able to access the home trial pretty easily. Try the Accession for a couple of weeks to get used to it, then hook up your existing phono again - you will soon know which you prefer.

Cheers
Derek

Rega Planar 3 > Accession MM / Thorens TD160 > Reflex M > Modwright LS100 tube preamp > Solo ULDE / Proprius > Monitor Audio Silver 500 / 2 x SVS SB1000 subwoofers
Pedlar17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pedlar17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 6:55am
Thanks Derek.

That is a good option, I may take advantage of that service. It is just interesting to hear other people’s views, and experiences of the Accession, so as not to waste anyone time.

Cheers

Laurie
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 8:11am
Hi Laurie,
I can't comment on the Trichord, although it is a well respected unit.
I tried the loaner Accession C & thought was a great match with the highly detailed Cadenza Blue I own.
The Cadenza black is reputed to have the Blue's detail but with a smoother presentation.
I reckon it would work superbly - give it a try.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Pedlar17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pedlar17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:18pm
Thanks Rich.

I will try it, as that seems the best way to go. 

Cheers

Laurie
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:08pm
Hi Laurie
I have Reflex M and I am vary happy with it  the Accession C I think comes with the PSU1 power supply. I did up grade MY Phono amp with the PSU1 It's just a path you should think about if you get the HiFi upgrade bug ( I've heard great things about PSU1 Enigma power supply ) and not just on this forum site
Graham slee stuff is built to last too, I gave a mate one of my old phono amps (GS) and he has had it for some years now and It's still working good 
 Jonathan  
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Robnpg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Robnpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 2:39pm
That's the great option of the Loan Program. Some local shops will let you borrow equipment to audition if you haven't tried that as well. Problem is, you're limited to what they have on hand to lend out. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic