FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Choice of Sumiko or Ortofon head

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Vincenzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:28pm
Thanks, I'm intrigued about how it can sound in my system.
Amp. Musical Fidelity M6si,Turntables VPI Scout Signature, Cartridges Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Graham Slee Accession MC, Speakers Triangle Esprit Antal Ez, Cables VAN DEN HUL D-502 Hybrid,ATLAS Equator
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:04am
Ciao Vincenzo,

I have both a 2M Black and a Bronze in my system (Technics 1200 Mk2) with a Reflex M, and I can say: save the money and get the Bronze. Fantastic cartridge, and much less fussy (less surface noise IMHO) than the Black.

Anyway, both have a very neutral frequency response to my ear, and good tracking. The Black is slightly brighter and with a bit of aggressiveness, which is another reason I prefer the Bronze.

The only cartridge I prefer to them is the Nagaoka MP-500, which is slightly smoother and warmer and tracks even better... but it's rarer, more expensive, and it has a considerably lower output so it requires to turn the volume up a bit more.

BEWARE: the 4 pins on the back on the Ortofon 2M are very fragile, so be extra careful to avoid damage (I have had a bad experience...)

Edited by Lucabeer - 27 Mar 2020 at 11:49am
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:52pm
A nice description of the Black vs Bronze! I must admit to very much enjoying both, but favoring the Black for serious listening and the Bronze for music while I did other things. However, that was with my old speakers, which had an amazing midrange and less treble brilliance than my current PMC pair. Again, system matching is vital. 
Please can you let us know which speakers you use? I dare say my love of the Black was very system dependent.
All the best,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Vincenzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:41am
Hi, I have JM LAB 816 Cobalt
Amp. Musical Fidelity M6si,Turntables VPI Scout Signature, Cartridges Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Graham Slee Accession MC, Speakers Triangle Esprit Antal Ez, Cables VAN DEN HUL D-502 Hybrid,ATLAS Equator
Vincenzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:53am
Hi, always turning around, I stumbled upon the Benz Micro and in particular the ACE S H, now the question is: for the pre-phono that I have and the turntable that I have, can it be fine? And above all, what do you think?
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:37am
The phono stage will be fine. I have no experience of the cartridge though.
The cartridge has been in production for about 15 years, so I think it will be good.

Edited by CageyH - 02 Apr 2020 at 7:40am
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Vincenzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 5:12pm
Ciao, ho appena caricato un video su Youtube, non è eccezionale, ma non posso fare molto con la fotocamera che ho.
Ciao.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic