FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cartridge recommendation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 12:16am
I just need to convince the wife.
I am not sure I will be able to sell my current speakers here easily or not, but I will need to try.

That will free up the cash for me to build myself another, more powerful amp to really get them going.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:43am
Originally posted by CageyH CageyH wrote:

I think I have decided that a new set of speakers will be more beneficial than a small improvement a cartridge would give me.

The MM Classic cost over £1K when current not so long ago  - not  a cheap cart by any stretch, & will require a fair bit of outlay to noticeably improve on.
I think that the IQ3 & the Cadenza Blue are better trackers - especially at side ends, but overall the Classic is a super cart.
All the best.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:59am
I ordered the speakers yesterday, as I am not allowed to go and pick them up.
I hope this was the right decision, but I have a 14 day trial period to see if these work in my room.
I am lucky in that I have the “European Loan Scheme Toy Box” at my disposal, so I can try a set of Proprius if my current amps do not work.

I will also be trying my different cartridges out with the new speakers to see which works best. I may as well, as we are not allowed off the property unless we have a good reason. Gendarmes are stopping people to validate the reasons why they are out and about.
Kevin
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:59pm
To close this thread, the Triangle Antal EZ were delivered this morning.
Carrying a 32kg box up two flights of stairs, twice, was fun.

It is now done. The speakers are installed and bedding in. Apparently they will need 150 hours to loosen up properly. They have had 4 so far, at low volume as I am working from home, as is the wife.
I am happy with the tone and detail with them so far. I hope they settle in quickly.
Kevin
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 1:03am
Congratulations!
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:13pm
The Accession M has just come back from a loan safely (Thanks Michal).
I decided to set up a minimalist system, with the Accession M feeding my DIY amps directly. It sounds pretty good, but the Accession needs to warm up properly.

The Music Maker Classic was developed using the Reflex M (apparently), so it should also sound on the Accession.
Kevin
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 11:34am
Am I mad in thinking about selling my MusicMaker Classic to help fund an ART-9?
Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic