FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Which Gram Amp?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
naish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 5:16pm
Thanks for your anwser.

I pick up a SE at Simply Audio this thursday. It is in the same city as I live! Already talked to Dimitri by phone.

If you a suggestion for an other GS pre amp that suits the amp better, please let me know.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 9:46pm
You'll like the SE after it's been powered up 72 hours
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Cyreg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 11:11pm
Dimitri at Simply Audio is a nice and helpful guy
I did buy my GramAmp 2 Communicator there and lateron he lend me a EraGoldV to tryout
I kept the GA2C (with PSU1 that I already possessed)

TecnoDec/RB250/MP110>GramAmp2C/PSU1; Cyrus CD8SE; Cyrus FM7 > Exposure XXXV > Harbeth C7ES-3 '35th Anniversary'
cabling: IC 3x DNM V3; LScable Exposure DMF-two; Furu TP60 + MWaY and AH! powercords   
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:30pm
When I had the UK loan collection I thought the GA2SE was very good value with the green SMPSU and even better with the PSU1, although that puts the cost up.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
TReepmeyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TReepmeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:00pm
I have much the same issue.  Running a Shure V15 III with a JICO hyperelliptical stylus on a refurbished Dual 1229.  Looking for a higher quality phono stage than on my preamp.  Looks like the GA2 Communicator is exactly right for me.  Took me a while to find GS and this forum.  Sure glad I did.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic