FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

headphone amp not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: headphone amp not working
    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:33pm
I've just got myself a musical fidelity amp got it for the tape out/fix line out connectors
But I am not getting any sound out of my headphone amp GS Solo with PSU1 I have connected the dealer three times now and i'm not getting any joy they say they will get back to me but don't
they have just sent me a Email for a review. That's not going to be a good one
I know the headphone amp works has i'm using it direct from the CD and turntable
not happy
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:51pm
You're not switching to any tape loop are you?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:09pm
Conventional tape out (tape rec or rec out) is on all the time. It outputs whatever source you have selected - or should do.

On some of the double switched type amps with separate source and tape out selectors you have to be sure to select the source you're playing.

If this is now handled by software-switching it might need to be set-up a particular way to work.

Usually this is only a problem using amps with DIN sockets for tape, where the outputs are on pins 1 and 4 instead of the common 3 and 5 wired cables.

Let's hope we can help you get it working one way or another.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 3:06pm
1st of all
Thank you Graham Slee
it was the double switch type but in RCA form I plugged it in the Tape rec socket and i'm up running
Should of come here 1st
Now HAPPY

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic