FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Elevator question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jlwallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlwallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elevator question
    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 6:31pm
I finally received my GS Elevator. I'm running it into a GS Accession MM pre-amp. I currently have an MM cart (and am going to be purchasing my first MC cart soon). I was thinking I could burn the Elevator in with the MM cart (until I get the MC cart), but it seems the sound is terribly muddy. Is that because I'm currently using an MM cart and shouldn't do that? I realize the Elevator is to boost the level of an MC cart for an MM preamp, but I thought it couldn't hurt to try.

Am I missing something?

Thank you much for any input.

Jack
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by jlwallen jlwallen wrote:

Is that because I'm currently using an MM cart and shouldn't do that?
Got it in one!
A MM cart is looking to be fed into a 47Kohm load.
Take the Elevator out of the equation and goodness will be restored Wink

tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 5:58am
Just to add to what Chris has said, you can achieve most of the burn in of the Elevator just by leaving it powered on without either input or output connected.
Tony G
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic