FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Another new member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Scoobydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another new member
    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:36am
All of my records are post 60s but believe the accession is still a step up from the Reflex M in terms of sq. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do an a/b/c test as the Reflex has gone back, but I have a pretty good idea where it was in comparison to the Rega.
I want the best possible phono stage as although my current equipment probably won't justify some of these "upgrades" at the moment, I do intend upgrading my cartridge at some point.
Also, in the UK, the assession isn't that much more than the Reflex m when you figure in the cost of the PSU1 (which the assession comes with).
Anyway, I'm pretty damn excited to be testing the assession and will post my observations in a couple of weeks!
DT999 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Scoobydoo Scoobydoo wrote:

Great review mate, and as you know I had the Reflex M on loan around the same time as you did. My review would have been virtually identical to yours (if only you didn't beat me to writing one! Haha).
Definitely an improvement over the Rega fono!
However, before I bite the bullet, I have just ordered the Accession on the loaner program to compare the three (Rega fono, Reflex M, and Accession mm). I shall report back in a couple of weeks!!

Cheers Andy,

I look forward to reading your view of the Accession compared to the Reflex in terms of sound quality; I will be looking for a 2nd phono stage, but all my records are post 1960 and I don't archive so I won't use the extra features on the Accession, so any decision on my next stage would be based only on SQ, and I am very happy with the Reflex
Rega Planar 3 > Accession MM / Thorens TD160 > Reflex M > Modwright LS100 tube preamp > Solo ULDE / Proprius > Monitor Audio Silver 500 / 2 x SVS SB1000 subwoofers
Scoobydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 7:47am
Great review mate, and as you know I had the Reflex M on loan around the same time as you did. My review would have been virtually identical to yours (if only you didn't beat me to writing one! Haha).
Definitely an improvement over the Rega fono!
However, before I bite the bullet, I have just ordered the Accession on the loaner program to compare the three (Rega fono, Reflex M, and Accession mm). I shall report back in a couple of weeks!!

DT999 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 2:03am
So an update; I did hear a difference when switching back to the Rega Fono and it did appear to be a step backwards.

I received a brand new Reflex M this week; now just waiting for it to Burn-in; although it still sounds good out of the box.

I can certainly recommend the loaner program for anyone considering a GSP product; there is nothing like trying it for yourself in your own system.

Now I just have to save up for another phono stage for my 2nd TT LOL

Rega Planar 3 > Accession MM / Thorens TD160 > Reflex M > Modwright LS100 tube preamp > Solo ULDE / Proprius > Monitor Audio Silver 500 / 2 x SVS SB1000 subwoofers
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:20pm
Thanks Derek for joining us here and sharing your review.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:44am
Good write-up Derek & it sounds like you're hearing an improvement with the Reflex.
Yes, going back after a couple of weeks to your old amp will be the clincher.Smile
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:56am
Originally posted by DT999 DT999 wrote:

I plan on using the Reflex-M in my system over the next couple of weeks and then switch back to the Rega phono; if I notice a major difference, or just feel that there is something missing when I switch back, that should let me know.
That’s a good plan.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic