FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Discovering new music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discovering new music
    Posted: 20 May 2022 at 5:05pm
Has anyone heard of Lewsberg? have heard a few tracks today and they sound good, It's not the first time I've head of them.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 8:39pm
It can get expensive but that's part of the joy of going to record shops spending your hard earned. This shop I go to as always got something play I've not heard before but fortunately for my bank account I don't always like it.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 8:12pm
Agreed, that's happened to me a number of times. I first discovered Hannah Lou Clark (then recording as Foe) and Bleached that way; there are others I can't bring to mind here and now.

Bandcamp is great but can consume a lot of time bouncing from one thing to another. I get the Bandcamp Weekly email shot, but don't always explore them very well. On YouTube I'd recommend the KEXP Seattle live shows. I discovered Anna von Hausswolff there, Samaris was another, the shows often have acts from countries other than the USA.

Edited by TheScorpionsTale - 06 May 2022 at 8:13pm
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 7:38pm
I find going into to a record shop a very good way to discover new music, today I went into a shop and I was listening to a record and just had to have up until then I had never heard of them before (Honeyglaze)
Andy75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 9:11pm
I used to swear by Spotify recommended and random playlists through which I’ve discovered many now favourite artists (e.g. Lorde, Father John Misty, Japanese Breakfast, Black Midi, etc.). Recently, I’ve switched to Apple Music (for reasons various). I was never that impressed with the Genius function - however, he infinite playlist feature is, I think, much improved. 
Robnpg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robnpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 2:48pm
I always say I would like to discover new music, but seldom take the time to do so! :) I need to do much better, especially as I wish to expand my vinyl! :)
kgilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kgilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 1:30pm
I was a teenager in the 60's and of course bought Beatles when they first came out but my taste in music is pretty eclectic now.

I suppose that I relate more to the late 60's' rock and roll ( Cream, Peter Green etc) which then led me to explore the blues with Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy and Junior Wells.

I got interested in Jazz fairly late in life but that has become a dominant source of music for me.

Love Bach especially solo piano pieces, Cello and Lute suites on guitar.

Hardly ever listen to Beatles anymore

Fortunately sources of music are everywhere now and readily available in multiple formats. This is the best of times.

Edited by kgilroy - 10 Feb 2020 at 2:07pm
Keith

Marantz TT-15S1, Maestro V2, Accession MM, Icon Audio Stereo 40 Mk lll, Wharfedale Jade 3.

Mac Mini, BitPerfect, Dynaudio Xeo2

Marantz SA-15S1, Apple TV, Cambridge CXA60, B&W DM2000, REL Sub
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic