FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

headphones amp how to connect

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
WigglyWoo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglyWoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:22pm
Am sure others may say the same, but Grado headphones in particular work exceptionally well with GSP headphone amps.

I started off with the GSP Solo and a pair of Grado RS1s and then upgraded the Solo to ULDE spec (a big improvement in clarity) and the Grado GS1000s (very large cup, open back headphones - beautiful open soundstage).

If you fancy something a little off the wall... the Shure SE846 IEMs are out of this world - it was a bit of a punt when I bought them; whilst I've owned Shure in the past, this was a huge leap in price... but they're really worth every penny.  Such a rich expansive and detailed sound - and whilst they obviously don't have the bass of a pair of floor standing speakers, they're so revealing that your brain fills in the gaps and I've actually 'perceived' gut-wrenching low frequencies even though clearly it's an illusion in my head.  I better stop there :-0

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:29pm
hi WigglyWoo
funny you just post this message
I've just put my order in for a gs solo sr11 and psu1 in the last hr.
It will be my 1st headphone amp ever. the last time I used headphones was 15 years plus and that was on a personal.
And I have just order'ed the Sennheiser HD600- the 2019 ones after talking to a dealer
I know hd 600s. but I do like detail in my music
I can't wait. but thanks for your post

WigglyWoo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglyWoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 8:03am
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

hi WigglyWoo
funny you just post this message
I've just put my order in for a gs solo sr11 and psu1 in the last hr.
It will be my 1st headphone amp ever. the last time I used headphones was 15 years plus and that was on a personal.
And I have just order'ed the Sennheiser HD600- the 2019 ones after talking to a dealer
I know hd 600s. but I do like detail in my music
I can't wait. but thanks for your post

Fantastic; I started using headphones many years ago when the kids came along and now prefer it (although now that the kids are old enough I've reinvested in a nice hifi as well).  Have fun! 
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 9:09pm
Well I have had my headphone amp and headphones now for some months and I'm happy with them the sound from them is great but I will say I would like a bit more bass but has for vocals, as i'm into female vocals ( I like Enya and Blondie, London Grammar, Texas ) I am more than happy and may be i'm happy to give a little on bass for that. any how for most of my music its fine its just I like a bit of UB40.
As you know I was having problems with connecting my headphone amp
I did some saving and got myself a new amp with a fix line out connection and still I could not get it work so I contacted the dealer twice said they would get back to me but never did.
So I put a post on the GS forum and I got reply with in 1/2 hr From Graham Slee and got it sorted out. should of come here 1st
i'm now happy and I can now have my music on loud late at night happy days or night:
Thank you all for all your help in the pass mouths much appreciated
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:40pm
Brilliant!
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 9:00pm
Michael
you said it
BRILLIAT
Have been on lockdown now for nearly 3 weeks now and have been using my headphones late at night a lot . TV as been rubbish.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic