FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New to Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
licuad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote licuad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to Forum
    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 11:01pm
had the pleasure of talking with BAK and will try some of the phono preamps over the next several weeks. have read about them and having a chance to get a loaner is too good to pass up. I am interested in the Reflex C and will wait for one to come available. it looks like the 1000 ohm version is what i should try, the Hana SL cartridge specs are
 Output Voltage:
   SL: 0.5mV
Stylus shape: Shibata
Internal ohms:
   SL: 30Ω/1kHz
Suggested Loading:
   SL: >400Ω 
I will also try the elevator, it might make my Vincent Pho-8 sound good, will wait to see
thanks all
Wm

______
Bryston amps and preamps, Vincent SP-20, JBL 2226H speakers, Yggdrasil DAC, Hana SL and Ortofon Blue 2M cartridges, Rotel preamp with Echo Layla and Studio One software for recording
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 6:41pm
Good luck with the trial. I have read that the Hanas need to be loaded at 400 ohm or more for the proper sound. 1K ohm would hopefully work well in that case. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 3:32pm
Confirming the advice above I am using my Acc MC's 500 ohm loading for my Hana SL and the records sound very good to me.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
sunvalleylaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunvalleylaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 7:05pm
Following this as I am interested in a Hana SL as well, and will also plan on eventually upgrading my pre.
licuad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote licuad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 3:56pm
i got the loaner equipment and it is sounding good. at the moment i am chasing a slight hum that occurs at 33rpm not introduced by the Reflex M and elevator, somewhere betw TT and Rotel preamp
______
Bryston amps and preamps, Vincent SP-20, JBL 2226H speakers, Yggdrasil DAC, Hana SL and Ortofon Blue 2M cartridges, Rotel preamp with Echo Layla and Studio One software for recording
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by licuad0 licuad0 wrote:

i got the loaner equipment and it is sounding good. at the moment i am chasing a slight hum that occurs at 33rpm not introduced by the Reflex M and elevator, somewhere betw TT and Rotel preamp

Hmm, sounds frustrating. Hope you get it sorted out. You probably know this but make sure the GS units and the PSUs are not too close to each other and not too close to other equipment. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic