FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PSU-1 for Reflex M

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by harryt harryt wrote:

Hello,
I just received my Reflex M with the PSU1 and I was wondering about rotating the adapter cord. Should you only try that after the unit has been on for awhile and exactly what differences should I be listening for?
I ask because I have 74 year old ears with slight tinnitus and may spend much time trying to hear differences I just can't hear.
Thanks for any information you can give.
Harry

What I did when I switched out the wall wart for the PSU was turn my volume knob to 11 or 12 o'clock with no music playing. Having the adapter cord one way versus the other produced less hiss, so that's what I used after trying it both ways. I then turned the volume down and started playing records. Not saying this is the best or only way to do it, it's just what I did. If you can't hear a difference in the polarity of the cord, maybe just don't worry about it. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
harryt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote harryt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:41pm
Thanks for all the great advice. I will hopefully be able to report back what I find out in a couple of weeks.
Harry

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 6:51pm
Yes please do Harry and welcome aboard.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
licuad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote licuad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:38pm
I have a Reflex M and a PSU-1 that i got from the loaner program. Bruce sent it and i have listened to it for a few weeks now. it has excellent sound. i'll be purchasing one soon. used on 2 TT and 2 carts, the M has been on the whole of these weeks and gets nicer every day
______
Bryston amps and preamps, Vincent SP-20, JBL 2226H speakers, Yggdrasil DAC, Hana SL and Ortofon Blue 2M cartridges, Rotel preamp with Echo Layla and Studio One software for recording
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic