FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Solo RCA connectors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Philmic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solo RCA connectors
    Posted: 02 May 2009 at 1:03pm
I have a (personal) problem : for me, the rear RCA connectors of the Solo are too close one to the other. When I try to plug in my best cable (Esprit Câble Structura 2), the connectors can't be straight and the outside of the plugs are in contact. I'm about 3 mm short !
So, I have to buy an other cable or "L or Y" connectors.
Mr Slee, please can you plan a mod for the next models ? Thank you very much.
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 1:40pm
Philmic, are your cable the following?

Miguel
Philmic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 10:59pm
Yes ! Wouaw ! I'm impressed ! Even in France, this cable is not very known.
I had the idea to put a picture of mine here but I don't yet look for the process to do that in this forum.
Do you have an encyclopedic knowledge of Hifi or do you like web investigations ?
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 12:05am
Web investigations! Wink
Miguel
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 6:05am
The industry standard is a 14mm spacing...

I would have thought it prudent for a manufacturer, before investing in a product, to have done his research?
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 4:25pm
Graham, this is happening more and more with manufacturers giving users "eye candy" over function. I am not criticizing the sound since I have not heard this particular cable. However I have heard similar and although they sound good they are very expensive and hard to use. BTW the same goes for flexibility, some power cords can not be used unless the run is an straight shot.
Miguel
Philmic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 7:03pm
My DVD player (3D Lab), Bel Canto DAC 3 and integrated tube amplifier (Audiomat Prélude) have from 15 to 20 mm spacing between the RCA connectors (considering the outer of each not the middle), the Solo have about 6 mm. I enjoy Hifi for 20 years, so I know the diameter of cable/connector isn't directly link to sounding quality but most of "high end" manufacturers of cables make like so. I'm sure some of next users will have the same problem...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic