FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession with balanced output

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 12:26pm
that’s exactly the kind of information I was after!
Thanks.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 12:47pm
Single ended inputs are generally (after switching) into non-inverting op-amps to which there are complicated distortions, too much to explain in a short reply so I won't.

Balanced requires an inverting stage to one leg to invert its phase, and an inverting stage has one less distortion to worry about (common mode). But it still has a non-inverting input for the other leg.

I don't know if it's this difference in distortion people can hear, because it would seem there are distortion mechanisms people can hear, even if measurements suggest they're too low to hear.

But I find an inverting stage often sounds better to my ears, but then again, a single transistor stage as it was before the op-amp, is inverting, so it could simply be a 'nostalgic' difference I'm sensitive to.

Going back to the second paragraph above, I found a way to make both legs use inverting inputs and use that in the Proprius unbalance circuit.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
mhamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mhamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 7:50am
Hello,
Are you willing to say how long until the big Accession will come along?
Will it have any additional line inputs ? 
I’d like to have fully differential system. 

About to order the current model, but a little wait may not kill me .... 
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:38am
Michael, the last 18 months of R&D have taught me not to even hazard a guess. In that time I've managed to do 2.9 products and hoping to reach the full 3 soon.

And if so, it's preamp time again (yippee) and another 3 products to design, one being the big Accession.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
RussL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 1:48am
Hi Graham - I too would be (more than) interested as the phono stage being replaced, a Bryston 0.5B is balanced.  Looking forward to hear more.  Thanks.

Russ
Technics SL-1200Mk.II TT with KAB mods, Grado Gold2 cartridge, Bryston 0.5B phone stage (balanced), Emotiva XMC-1 prepro, Emotiva XPA-1L monoblocks, NHT 2.9 speakers
pcourtney View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcourtney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 9:26pm
Hi Graham, I too would very much like an MM Accession to have XLR input ( so that I can connect my Beogram 8002 turntable to the Accesssion) , and for the Accesssion to have XLR output to my Pre Amp (which has 3 stereo XLR inputs) , then I can easily switch between the 3 sources that I have

then I can include vinyl in my headphone rig, which would be fantastic for 2021  ( pretty please )  

Peter 
NB still absolutely love my little MM accession I bought from you guys back in 2016, but I need a Big Accession as well  ! 
GS Accession MM Pre, Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 Amp and AKG K-1000 headphones
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by pcourtney pcourtney wrote:

...very much like an MM Accession to have XLR input ( so that I can connect my Beogram 8002 turntable to the Accesssion)...

Hi Peter, I'm guessing you mean a line level input for the Beogram 8002? The signal on pins 3 (left), 5 (right) and 2 (ground) on a 7 way DIN plug?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic