FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession with balanced output

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Hbuus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hbuus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accession with balanced output
    Posted: 30 May 2019 at 1:25pm
Would it be possible to have a special-made Accession with balanced outputs at an extra cost?

It would be preferable for me when I do my vinyl rips, as my audio interface has balanced inputs.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 6:00pm
A 'big Accession' has already been planned, and the addition of a balanced output had been thought about, and now to know somebody would make use of it... yes, of course! Wink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Hbuus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hbuus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 6:46pm
That sounds really good! Thanks for the info Smile
Godra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:07am
Great news!  I would also be interested in an Accession with balanced output. Graham, do you think there is benefit to using balanced output ? Will the circuit be balanced also? I'm just asking cause some swear that balanced circuit and output are the best for audio (ex:Balanced Audio Technology in USA). I own one of their amplifier and I must admit it sounds fantastic. I just don't have the technical knowledge to evaluate that claim. 

Clearaudio Performance DC with Clarify tonearm + Virtuoso V2, Tannoy Legacy Eaton, Accession MM and BAT VK300Xse
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:54am
If you have balanced and non balanced outputs your ears should tell you?  On my CD player to amp the balanced were preferable even on a very short run of around 50cm.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 9:44am
But, is that because of an inherent superiority, or just better implementation?
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 11:59am
Same cable reterminated was a case of different sonic attributes which on balance swung in favour of the XLR.  Not sure if that answers your point mick or not but can only judge by my own ears. My brother used an inferior cable on a the same CD player and Same brand preamp and preferred the XLR albeit with longer cable length until he could afford to have his original cable reterminated that XLR again at both ends. I did briefly hear a swap with his and did appear a little better again.  

Since I can only accommodate 1 XLR in my Amp I wouldn't want to take a backward step with my CD and widen the gap further widening the gap with vinyl!

Edited by Richardl60 - 05 Jun 2019 at 1:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic