FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Munich High End Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Munich High End Pictures
    Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:13pm
The intrepid John C is in Munich again with HiFi System Components dealer MachOne.

A very interesting way of displaying a headphone based system!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 6:12pm
Very interesting Graham.

Was there a lot of interest following that show?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:23pm
Actually there never is and never was, and hoping that by doing the same thing over and over that the result will be different is madness, so I told John C that he can go and visit his Bavarian friends next year if he wishes, but I will not be making a contribution.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Actually there never is and never was, and hoping that by doing the same thing over and over that the result will be different is madness, so I told John C that he can go and visit his Bavarian friends next year if he wishes, but I will not be making a contribution.
That is such a shame Graham! From when I first discovered GSP, I have always wanted all the success in the world to come your way. Your creations are my personal benchmark so I don't look elsewhere unless I truly have to (fancy making a portable digital audio player Wink) or I want to shame other systems.

Sadly as is the way in every industry the big boys with their huge profit margins get to dictate the way while blurring the lines of true quality, to the point that customers nowadays wouldn't be able to tell what real HiFi was if they heard it anyway. The fact that I stumbled across a (new) "retro" cassette walkman the other day says it all; they have made everything into a fad that they control and the mindless lemmings keep chasing. Angry

Edited by miT - 10 Aug 2019 at 11:22pm
VinodCrispon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VinodCrispon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 7:25pm
Hi Graham,

Apart from the fact that the "Big Players" in the market dictating the terms, One of the worst habits with the Audio aficionados is that, They want huge heavy metal components, which they assume equals good quality. 

If ever you want to go back to another event, Please try the revealing stunt, friends at Bose do.They make you sit in front of Huge Speakers,  Play a Demo Track, Then reveal the small cubes inside the box. 
Probably order some empty Aluminium Shells from China, and mount the proprius in to those, and then Drive some good size speakers. Later after a bit of presentation on the Product, open the top cover to reveal the actual unit. 

As always, how much real business these shown bring-in..... Its a big question.

Here in Singapore, I have always noticed that the Chinese manufacturers on the last day, just sell their display units at ridiculous prices, as they say its not worth shipping back and forth. Which is a smart way too. 

Cheers,
Vinod Vincent
Vinod Vincent

Elevator & Accession w PSU-1/ Majestic w Enigma/ Cusat/ Lautus
TT: Amazon 1(Candenza Bronze)
Amp: Accuphase E650
CD/Streamer: OPPO UDP205/CYRUS StreamX2
Speaker: Dynaudio Contour S3.4
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:56pm
I think I have the same hifi rack as the one in John's photos and more importantly I also have some of the GSP/HFC gear which is brilliant as Tim has essentially said above. Vinod Vincent's point is well made too.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
VinodCrispon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VinodCrispon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 11:31am
Hi Jon, Aint that Rack too tall for the GSP Components? Was it something specifically purchased for GSP units or your Different Components?
Got to Agree at that height, the Turntable is at a nice high position, Making it easier to swap records each time. 
Vinod Vincent

Elevator & Accession w PSU-1/ Majestic w Enigma/ Cusat/ Lautus
TT: Amazon 1(Candenza Bronze)
Amp: Accuphase E650
CD/Streamer: OPPO UDP205/CYRUS StreamX2
Speaker: Dynaudio Contour S3.4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic