FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Technics question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Technics question
    Posted: 07 May 2019 at 11:25am
Hi folks

I have pair of 1210s & I'd like to try changing cartridges from the existing Ortophon Nightclub S.

I have an Ortophon 2M Black that I'd like to try but clearly I'd need a headshell.

Anyone done this before?  Where should I look for one?

Thanks in advance.

Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:42pm
Since the original Technics part has now reached a prohibitive price, a good alternative I have found is this:

or

No need to overspend on a shell, and this one is the closest in size, style and weight to an original Technics.

I use one on my 2M, with great results.
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:45pm
Nice one. 
Thanks dude 👍🏼
I think so....
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:50pm
You will also need a Technics 52mm gauge for setting up the cartridge, if you don't already have it:

Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:52pm
From Germany is it?
I think so....
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:54pm
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 5:07pm
You will need the rear of the arm screw-in counterweights to get it to balance out.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic