FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hello!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Beave81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beave81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello!!!
    Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 7:22pm
Hello everyone, new member here!! Joined because I'm possibly interested in purchasing a new phono stage. If I give you a quick rundown of my system maybe someone could offer some advice on which direction to go in!! 
Currently have, Technics 1210gr (with audio technica vm95ml), Rega elicit-r and Tannoy xt8fs with Van damme black interconnects and hifi 6mm cable.
Questions are, would I be better off upgrading cartridge? Or upgrading phono stage to either reflex m or possibly accession m? 
Not sure how these would compare to built in phono stage!! Hope someone could shed some light. Thanks Chris Big smile

BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:03pm
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.
I would be inclined to upgrade the phono stage first. The AT VM95ML is the subject of another thread here, worth a read. https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/audio-technica-at-vm95ml-cartridge_topic4686.html#59103
I would think that the Reflex would be quite an ear opener, but if you foresee upgrading your cartridge in the future then have a listen to the Accession.
Now the really good bit, if you haven't already discovered it, there is a loan scheme for members. You can borrow almost any of Grahams products to listen to in the comfort of your own home.

Happy Listening
Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Beave81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beave81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:14pm
Thanks for the reply!! Yes gotta say I'm pretty happy with the at95ml, I'm pretty new to vinyl so haven't had much to compare it with, but sounds pretty damn good to me!! 
I'm interested in trying out the Accession for home demo, who do I need to get in contact with? Cheers Chris 
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:49pm
Hi Chris,
You need to contact Jon aka Fatmangolf. If you look on the 2nd link I posted it will take you to the UK loan scheme thread. Find a post by Fatmangolf and click on the arrow to the right of his name, that will open a drop down menu, click on send PM and let Jon know what you want.

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:51pm
Hi Chris

You need to contact Jon (Fatmangolf) for UK loans.
The loan program is a great way to see and hear how the gear works in your system in your home environment.
The only cost is shipping to and from you.

Drop a PM in Jon's direction and he'll happily oblige.

Edit: I see Ian got in there first :)

Edited by Chris Firth - 14 Apr 2019 at 8:52pm
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:59pm
I have the VM95ML and a Reflex M. It's a great combination. The Reflex M also sounds great with other cartridges I have in rotation. I think it's something that can stay with you for awhile even if you end up upgrading or changing your cartridge. 

I never got to demo the Accession M but if it is in your budget then you may want to go that route, or try to borrow both from the loan program and decide what you like more.
Beave81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beave81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:22pm
ok, thanks for feedback. What amp do you use? Also how much do you think you would have to spend to better the vm95ml? 
I'm pretty new to all this, obviously been listening to music for years, but when you get a good system can't help but think what sounds better!! 
I'm pretty happy with the Technics 1210 gr. Gonna have to demo the Accession I think!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic