FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

new cartridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:12pm
I went to see a mate up in London we went to a HiFi shop he was there to buy a new amp
so I asked for some advice on a new cartridge his 1st advice was if you like the Ortofon sound of the 2M's keep with it he recommended the bronze but he did say any up from blue would be an improvement. 2nd advice was any up grade to your HiFi go for the best you can afford it may save you £s in the long run or save up for that next purchase.3rd was if you liked the sound of your HiFi before the best upgrade is to buy more new music but he did add we sell music on CD and Vinyl too so I would say that ( with a smile )
He did say he liked my choice phono amp he had one too (Graham slee)
Today I've just ordered gs Reflex M up grade from the Gram amp2 SE ' can't wait '
By the way the HiFi shop got my £s bought the Ortofon 2M Bronze and 2 vinyl LP's
thats going to be my last two up grades to my HiFi for now spent out have to save up or just enjoy my HiFi and buy more music
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 4:31am
terrific upgrades! I had the Bronze for quite a while with my Reflex M. Congrats and many happy hours listening!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:04am
+1 Thumbs Up.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:48pm
thanks Mick
just took delivery of my new Reflex M today.Going to hook it up now then im off to work soon on night shift. can't wait to play some vinyl on Thursday ( I live in England I take its morning for you ) I'll tell all what i think soon.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:58am
Excellent! I hope you find terrific enjoyment. I enjoyed listening to the Bronze settle in and open up over the first 50-odd hours. 
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 2:56pm
Just been listening to Foreigner. with the 21st century symphony orchestra & chorus. album on my new phono amp and cartridge at the moment it sounds a bit better than before but then again I have not yet run them in yet but I'm happy with the sound so far.
If you are into Foreigner get this box set if you can find it.
I've been going out a lot listening to live bands so I've not had my HiFi on much as I have not had the time plus work gets in the way
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic