FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Wireless Charging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wireless Charging
    Posted: 13 May 2019 at 7:09pm
I was being facetious. I think you all knew what I meant hopefully. 

Nout wrong with being vegan if that’s ur bag.  I personally can’t live without cheese (and sometimes bacon 🥓😱#my secret shame).

Lot of my friends & family are vegan. Just don’t push it on your cat. That does get my goat. They’re carnivores! Deal with it or get a micro pig!
Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Old skool Old skool wrote:

There’s massive hypocrisy in the vegan generation. What’s wrong with just being veggie? 

I'm not sure what the "vegan generation" is, as I've followed a vegan diet for over 20 years now. Of course, like anything it attracts a subset of trend-hoppers/tourists, ideological axegrinders, people that follow pseudoscience, etc. For me it's just a way of life at this point and I don't promote it or talk about it that much. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 3:41pm
I've had phones that can use wireless charging but never used it because I always use outer protective cases on my phones. Some of those chargers will not work with the outer cases. So I don't bother. Plugging in a cable is easy. I also use my phones a little longer than some people - my current LGV20 is a little over 2 years old now. Many people are replacing their phones every 6 months or a year due to breakage or needing to have the latest and greatest. I also won't buy a phone that doesn't come with a standard headphone jack. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:33am
Marching for climate change one day, flying off to go snowboarding the next week. 

There’s massive hypocrisy in the vegan generation. What’s wrong with just being veggie? 

We holiday in the UK & buy British when we can. 
Offsets the energy used by our monster HiFi’s and my 16mpg
supercharged M3 😬

Mind you, we don’t have kids & that’s the greenest thing you can do.  
Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 9:54am
I guess there's no cure for Dumbass, eh Graham.

Wireless or not, the device to be charged still has to be in fairly close proximity to the power source so I consistently fail to see what advantage the removal of a cable has. Well a cable could allow charging a couple of metres away from the power source. You'd need an insanely strong magnetic field to do the same wirelessly and to hell with the operation of all the other electronics in the vicinity...
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 12:08am
Here's an early attempt at wireless charging a car battery from another car...

Actually it's a joke. It's a scene from a 1967 episode of The Avengers (British TV).

Wireless charging is also a bit of a joke as it uses stacks more power than simply plugging into a charger. It is bound to use more power as it needs to create a strong electromagnetic field which a coil inside the device under charge can be energised by. It's like having transformer primary and secondary seperated in distance rather than being wound on the same former, and so will have to work at considerably high frequency to be near to efficient.

So basically you end up with a radio frequency noise transmitter, and this will be allowed, whereas if an amplifier were to radiate that much electromagnetic interference it would be breaking EMC law.

But I see the authorities are turning a blind eye to big business. Hypocrisy again?

Oh, and by the way, Apple have dropped doing "Air Power", and I congratulate them for it, even though it's because it doesn't work... get's too hot... heat means it's using a lot of power...

Climate change? All those youngsters striking to save the earth whilst wirelessly charging their phones...

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic