FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Lautus/Cusat review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lautus/Cusat review
    Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 9:34pm
I wish I had bought a Lautus USB cable sooner. I ordered one as a birthday treat. I only got my streamer last year, years after I quit the link scheme so I only used the loan cable with the Bitzie. I remember the combo being very good. Now having the cable linking my streamer to the Majestic dac is wonderful.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Delfalex View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delfalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 4:24pm
It was in trialling different USBs that I stumbled across the Lautus Power cable; it blew me away compared to what I'd experienced before; a bit like discovering truly organic veg after having being fed a diet of supermarket produce - beautiful; enjoyable.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 9:58pm
I was always impressed with the sound quality through the Lautus USB cable.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 8:37pm
I am very glad I bought a Lautus USB cable. It Not only sounds more musical, I've heard a number of details that lost in the mix until now. Voices and lead instruments are clearer and more natural. I am also more aware of the room an orchestra is playing in.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 8:17pm
I bought a secondhand music server last year that I connected directly to my Majestic dac using an old Chord usb cable. It was fine and I added a ferrite choke at a calculated distance along the cable. A bit better until recently I thought why am I not trying a Lautus USB cable? So I ordered one and it arrived today.

First impression is very positive none of the shiny new cable sound. I decided to push some music through it from a long playlist and dip in now and then. Very good so far... (To be continued)
Jon

Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 5:39am
I understand that many people enjoy the engineering nitty-gritty of measurements, etc, but I’m still stuck, myself. Can someone who enjoys it please try to explain to me what it is about measurements that are exciting them? Is it as simple as the hobbyist enjoyment of the technical deep-dive? Or is it something more? I’ve never had a technical bent for electronics, but I’m an A1 nerd about woodwind reeds and acoustics. I suppose everyone has their thing. 
Cheers,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
gwebster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gwebster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 10:30am
Graham is using ferrites in the construction of Lautus cables as a means of suppressing interference from unwanted external, principally FM and DAB (and maybe mobile phone) emissions. This is a well known mitigation method against RFI and its certainly possible to demonstrate its benefits.

As an example, my son was experiencing the negative effects of the electrical noise environment within his house on his Ham radio setup (remote controlled radios and loft mounted antennas). By strategic use of ferrites on his cabling, he was able to significantly reduce the RFI impact. He was also able to visibly detect, measure and demonstrate the effects at each stage of his journey in mitigating the RFI impact.

While the affected signals he was interested in aren't in the audio spectrum, the RFI effect on the system is the same as Graham looks to mitigate for audio with the Lautus cables.

Geoff
BTW - I'm still looking at how we might get objective measurements with the Lautus cable to support their benefits 
Inspire Apollo tt, O/L modded RB250, Ortofon 2M Black, Slee Different Approach inspired Phono, Putzeys Pre, Cusat, Raspberry Pi/Volumio, Bitzie, Self Load Invariant Power, Acoustic Energy AE509s
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic