FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

software for vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: software for vinyl
    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:01pm
I have been buying a lot of new records on vinyl.
And i have just got my self a hi res Sony NW-A45 Walkman for the car
Whats the best software to convert vinyl to Digital. Windows 10
free or paid for.
PLUS I am not that good with computers so the easer the better to use is(good for me)
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 8:54pm
I use Vinyl Studio on a Mac, but it's available for PC. On default settings it couldn't be easier.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 3:03am
Vinylstudio without doubt.
Very reasonably priced, constantly maintained, with every facility you might need for the task.
Will look up track listings and album art, declick and denoise, split tracks and all non destructively.
Easy for the novice and powerful enough for the power user, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Tony G
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:54am
Interesting, how are you making the connection to the Mac? I’ve not considered this before, are you going into the mic jack?
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Ernie Ernie wrote:

Interesting, how are you making the connection to the Mac? I’ve not considered this before, are you going into the mic jack?
I use a Behringer U-Control UCA202 ADC to take the signal from my Reflex M to an elderly MacBook Pro.

If the level doesn't hit the red too much I use the USB interface (no volume input control available on the Mac) but if it does hit the red too much I connect from ADC's output into the Mac's mic/headphone socket, switch input in Vinyl Studio's preferences which allows level adjustment in Vinyl Studio.

If I had an Accession I would use USB only and adjust level on the Accession.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic