FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Exact Audio Copy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exact Audio Copy
    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 5:09pm
Is anyone familiar with this program who would be willing to assist me please.
I like to copy my CDs to both Flac and MP3 formats, the Flacs for playing at home with Volumio, the MP3s for the car.
I have read what I can find about the EAC settings for these compression formats and realise that both require 'loading' into EAC with my chosen program. I have successfully loaded FLAC and been able to use it with EAC to produce files to my local drive. But I am having problems with LAME, my chosen MP3 encoder program, despite downloading and un-compressing it into the EAC folder, EAC can't find it! 
I have also searched the whole drive for LAME.exe without success.

What am I doing wrong ???

Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 5:20pm
Click the top left dropdown, click on "compression options", and then click on the second tab (compression).
You need to define the pathway for the encoder, and if I'm not mistaken, there is only facility for one pathway at a time.

You can set up a flac encoder or an MP3 encoder to work, but it takes donkey work to switch between the two.

Edited by Chris Firth - 05 Jan 2019 at 5:22pm
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 5:26pm
Thanks for the reply.
Yes it is the pathway I am unable to set. I have been looking for lame.exe without success.
Peter
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 6:15pm
Which version of Windows  are you using?
Where did you download Lame from?

I think you have the wrong version of Lame - you need to get a version specific to how many bits Windows is running.
I tried Sourceforge, but they only have source code, with no Windows executables.
You can get Windows executables here http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.php
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 3:30pm
Since my last reply I did some more digging around and found exactly what you suggested, I had downloaded the source code not the executable. I found that on another site and managed to get it all to work.
I now just need to refine the tag info that gets included.

Thanks for your help.
Peter
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 8:13pm
I use this character string %artist%\%albumtitle%\%tracknr2% - %title% in EAC Options/filename.

peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:22pm
Thanks, I will try it.
Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic