FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Dynavector Cartridge Choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynavector Cartridge Choice
    Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 2:44pm
Anyone out there have experience of the Dynavector Te-Kaitora Rua against the Dynavector XX2 Mk 2? I'm needing to replace my XX2 and am wondering whether the extra cost of the Rua is worth it
Derek
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 5:53pm
I wish I could help, Derek. A lot of the time you have to leap with a bit of faith in the hope you've made the right decision Shocked. And even personal recommendation is no guarantee you'll get it right, as systems differ so much. Having said that I'd love to hear the top Dynavectors! Wink
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:58pm
Hi, yes I have had exactly the same dilemma with my XX2-2 also.

It MAY be possible to audition but that will depend on your location I suspect.

TNT audio did give a direct comparison which was interesting and if you haven’t already suggest you have a look.

You may also be aware you should be able to trade your XX2 in but will need to look on line or contact distributor or dealer for full info.

Has yours worn out?
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 6:59am
Thanks for the advice chaps.

Sadly I won't be able to have a comparison, there are no dealers anywhere near my part of the world so it will have to be a complete act of faith if I go for the Rua

The XX2-2 is not completely worn out but is getting there, it's four years old now so has definitely seen better days (like it's owner Smile) but it's a wonderful cartridge and I wonder if any upgrade is really necessary

Time for deep thinking and perhaps deeper pockets
Derek

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 11:27am
Fair comment - the tnt comparison wAs the only one I could find online.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 6:37pm
either way Derek I would be very interested in the outcome - if you decide on another Xx2 would like to hear how different it sounds from your current one - from previous comments I posted uk distributor indicated the suspension was likely deteriorate quicker than the stylus unless heavily used.  

Good savings if yo send yours back for rebuild and lesser allowance for trade in

Look forward to the end result report!
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 7:08am
I'll get back to you Richard once I've decided, bought, installed, run in and listened...interesting time ahead Confused
Derek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic