FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Graham Slee Entheos Novo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graham Slee Entheos Novo
    Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 2:17pm
Howdy, I'm Shane, just joined here.

Only recently acquired a Novo. Nice sounding little unit. Drives my HD650's very well. Might think about getting the Solo Ultra-Linear DE next year.

Just out of curiosity. What headphones do you guys like using with the Novo?

S.

morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 9:30am
Hi Shane, and welcome to the forum.

The Novo is a great little box, and mine powers a MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open planar headphone to great effect. I still have the HD650s that I used to use, but these don't get a look in these days.

The Solo ULDE in my main system is paired with some Audeze LCD-2s. If you're considering upgrading the Novo don't forget the loan scheme here allows you to have a free home demo.

Edited by morris_minor - 04 Nov 2018 at 9:30am
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:41pm
Thanks for joining us Shane.

I used my DAK (GSP kit version) of the Novo with Sennheiser HD280's, Grado 325i's, and Jecklin Float 2's. Really good all round and I gave it to my brother with the 325's when I bought a Solo Ultralinear which is step up worth hearing as Bob suggests.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 05 Nov 2018 at 9:42pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Terry13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:58pm
Hi,first time posting hope you don’t mind me asking question on this thread with regards to amp headphone partnering? I wanted to know if MrSpeakers Aeon open being 13 ohms, whether this would be ok with Solo Ultra Linear? It seems to prefer from 16 ohms although can go to 8ohms from tech sheet. 
Terry 
Terry
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 6:41am
Terry,
might I suggest that the simplest way to address your concerns might be to avail yourself of the loan program, that way you can try your headphones with the Solo ULDE in the comfort of your own home at your leisure.
Send a PM to Jon (Fatmangolf) to arrange this.
Tony G
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 10:17am
Hi Terry - and welcome to the forum!

I use Aeon Flow Open 'phones with my Novo/PSU1 and they sound brilliant - plenty of volume, great dynamics, depth and detail. They sounded equally great (if not a bit better!) on the Solo ULDE in my main system.

As Tony suggested, a home loan is the way to go if you don't already have the ULDE (I wasn't sure if you had the headphones, or had the Solo!).
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Terry13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 11:27am
Many thanks for the quick replies. The loaner program was something I had considered but having looked at official dealer networks I found one not a million miles away. The intention was to arrange a demo but on their site they had a pre owned ULDE so just had to go for it, as never seen one bad review feel cant go wrong. The reason for query on low ohms headphones use was to not waste my own dealers time when trying out products as he does not stock Graham Glee brand and would possibly not know best options. Thanks to the replies, it looks as if I can try the mrspeakers option with confidence when I arrange the demo as these were ones high on my list based on online reviews along with some others. Thanks for all your help and I will let you know how I get on and what headphones I went for. Terry
Terry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic