FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Thinking about a 1200G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
JonThurston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JonThurston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 3:19pm
Let's see if this email to PayPal does the trick:

Dear PayPal

Re: Superfi Transaction £2499 dated 02 January 2019

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended)

I am writing to you regarding a problem I have with the goods that I bought from Superfi on 02/01/2019 at a cost of £2499, using my PayPal credit account.

This product - a Technics SL-1200 G turntable purchased new - has stopped working correctly, developing a fault that prevents the turntable from spinning correctly or in a stable fashion. Therefore, as a musical device, this product is manifestly no longer of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose or as described.

In fact, that this fault exists on some production models of this specific turntable, has now become a known issue.

This product was purchased online from Superfi less than 6-months ago.

As you are aware, under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 any fault discovered within the first 6-months of receiving the product is presumed, in law, to have been there since the time the buyer took ownership of it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise.

It's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there when purchased - it's not up the buyer to prove that it was. 

Unfortunately, in this case, the retailer went into administration on 20th February 2019 (https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3213910) and are no longer trading.

As PayPal supplied the credit for this purchase, I hold you jointly and severally liable for the breach of contract with Superfi under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

PayPal therefore have a duty to offer me the same solution as I would have had the retailer not gone into administration: a satisfactory repair, exchange or refund.

Kind regards

JT. 

All this as Technics resolutely refuse to even examine my turntable!

Technics SL 1200G w/ Oyaide BR12 & STB-MXS - Benz Micro Glider SL - Cyrus Phono Signature w/ PSX-R2 - Rega Elex-R - Icon Audio HP8 Mk2.2 SE - Sennheiser HD800S - ProAc DT8 - CuSat 50s
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:03pm
You should (also) outline your claim and the reasons for it to the administrator and send it to Michael Rose, M1 Insolvency, Gothic House, Barker Gate, Nottingham NG1 1JU.

FYI, The administrator first met with director Daniel Abrams on 12 November 2018.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 6:44pm
would it be reasonable to conclude the importers do not offer any manufacturer warranty 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 7:47pm
I will let you know what technics say their warranty is in the TT -I have asked!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonThurston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

You should (also) outline your claim and the reasons for it to the administrator and send it to Michael Rose, M1 Insolvency, Gothic House, Barker Gate, Nottingham NG1 1JU.

FYI, The administrator first met with director Daniel Abrams on 12 November 2018.

Graham, not only have you - (and John & Leo) - made these wonderful always on (and always working) little boxes that elicit from my cartridges and headphones such unbridled excellence... but you're like my legal advisers too, in this sorry tale of Technics gone wrong.

God bless GSP and all who sail (and regale) in her!!
Technics SL 1200G w/ Oyaide BR12 & STB-MXS - Benz Micro Glider SL - Cyrus Phono Signature w/ PSX-R2 - Rega Elex-R - Icon Audio HP8 Mk2.2 SE - Sennheiser HD800S - ProAc DT8 - CuSat 50s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 1:54pm
John hopefully this is of use....Technics response... quick an as you would expect but perhaps differs from your experiences?

Thank you for your e-mail.

In response, I would like to informe you that all Technics products are covered by a 2 year manufacturers warranty. 

I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonThurston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 7:57am
Dear All

quick update re. my 1200G with the wobbly platter.

Technics continue to ignore the issue, by simply failing to honour the Warranty. Their last email on 30th May 2019 stated: "I am sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps did not resolve the matter." When I request remedy under Warranty, they pretend my email does not mention that.

However, PayPal this week refunded me £2499 under my Section 75 claim!

So I'm now in the rather fortune reversed position of having all my money back, and a 1200G still on the rack!

I'd like to thank-you all for the tips and advice.

And to confirm that - in my experience - the Technics warranty ain't worth jack squat.

Jon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic