FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

cueing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 12:51pm
As the "needle drops" bias/anti-skate often pulls it into the ending of the track before, but then it gives me the time to be seated comfortably for when the track I want begins.

Otherwise I'm with Chris on this because I hardly ever play a specific track.

45 rpm singles were a good idea for playing "immediately drawn to" music.

Or just rip the entire collection and let the click of the mouse do the rest.

SL1200 users can just drop the stylus into a stationary quiet part of the groove then hit the start button, but beware of accidental back rotation with a delicate stylus.

Edited by Graham Slee - 16 Sep 2018 at 12:55pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 1:49pm
thanks will investigate and likely useful to have one albeit I don’t have many non-black albums and don’t tend to drop in on many tracks, having said that cuing at the start of the album wasn’t easy either.

Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Richardl60 Richardl60 wrote:

having said that cuing at the start of the album wasn’t easy either

I make frequent use of the cueing light on my modded SL1210.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 4:03pm
yes will look to invest in one Chris thanks
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 5:44pm
A photo of my SL1210/II with the blue LED's I fitted, cue light is bottom centre. Not sure how I would get that close to the Gorbe platter unless light was supported from the chassis.
SL1210 - blue LEDs
That's why I think an LED reading light would be easier.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 16 Sep 2018 at 5:46pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic