FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession MM or MC ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
cncman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cncman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:48pm
Hi Guys,
I too wish to try a moving coil cartridge, but I am completely confused as to which piece of GS equipment to buy? I currently use an Ortofon 2M Black mounted in a SME V and connect this through a Reflex M phone amp & PSU1.
I will probably buy a Ortofon Quintet Black moving coil, but should I try an Elevator EXP with my existing amp or try it with an Accession M.
If the Quintet Black sounds better than my current 2M Black I will probably never go back to MM.
So should I just go all out for the Accession C instead?

Your comments would be most welcome.

------
Steve
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:29am
hi Steve,
   I use an EXP with my Reflex M and it’s fabulous. Having said that, gosh I wish I could afford an Accession MC...
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:21am
Hi Steve, get on to Jon (Fatmangolf) for a loan of the Elevator EXP, Accession M and Accession MC with Enigma (and some short CuSats to link the Elevator EXP to the Accession M or your Reflex M, if you don't have them).

As you will probably know, I cannot stand MC, so why is it that I'm still using an Accession MC with Enigma and a Hana EL when I can simply swap to the 2M Black and Accession M? I'd love to know. It doesn't make sense after all the years I've been an MM fanatic.

This is not clever marketing spin. I'm actually annoyed that if this continues I will have to admit I was wrong, and that given the right electronics MC outruns MM. So in loaning the above you can either confirm I was wrong, or make me feel better... Wink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:57am
I am loving the Accession MM with my EPC-U205 with Jico Neo SAS.
Are you saying that the Accession MC with one of my LOMC cartridges is likely to be better?
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:47pm
The idea is to hear for yourself which combination of components sounds better in your system.Wink
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:48pm
That is something I can easily do now, unless the Accessions go out for loan...
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:19am
That's the perk of being a loan co-ordinator Wink Good luck in your new role
Derek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic