FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession MM or MC ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Enrae9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enrae9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accession MM or MC ?
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 3:11pm
Has any body tried both with an MC cart ?
I have a low output MC cart - there are so many different views regarding getting
 the best out of them
I have tried mine with different phonos and SUTs but not to its full potential - I'm thinking of trying the Accession but would just like some opinion regarding trying an MM or MC with Elevator or SUT
Thanks
Enrae9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enrae9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 3:13pm
That should be MC or MM with Elevator or SUTWacko
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 5:25pm
Yes - MM+EXP, and MC.

If you want the flexibility of being able to use both MM and MC then adding the Elevator to the Accession (MM) is a no brainer. However - the MC version, especially with the Enigma 1 PSU lifts MC performance yet again, and if you only ever use MCs then this is definitely the way to go!
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:10pm
Please PM me Neil and I will lend you an Accession MC. You will have a new benchmark and a new record collection if my experience of buying one is anything to go by.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Enrae9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enrae9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

Yes - MM+EXP, and MC.

If you want the flexibility of being able to use both MM and MC then adding the Elevator to the Accession (MM) is a no brainer. However - the MC version, especially with the Enigma 1 PSU lifts MC performance yet again, and if you only ever use MCs then this is definitely the way to go!

Hi Bob
Yes I'm an MC only guy
I will gladly take your advice experience, lets see how it goes Cool
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 7:52am
Hi Neil,
If you are MC only then the Accession MC is the best way to go as Bob & Jon have said.
I use an Elevator with Accession MM for MC & regard it very highly but I recently tried the loan
Accession MC (with standard PSU1) & felt it took the sound quality even further. 

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:46pm
Neil and I have got the loan of an AccMC in hand.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic