FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PSU1 Enigma Micro-Signal Power Supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
JonThurston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonThurston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:52pm
Having been mindful of Graham's long stated antipathy towards MC due to the amplification challenges - I've been using an Accession MM for 2 years or so - yet noting the comments re. the Enigma, I have ponied up to enter the MC fray.

Previously I had encounters with 2M Bronze, AT750SH, and Goldring 1042; and considered reaching that little bit higher for a top end MM (eg. a Maestro V2)... all on a Technics SL1200G.

Instead I have ordered an Elevator EXP (and some extra CuSat50s) to put in front of the AccMM - with the Enigma upgrade option - and a Benz Micro Glider SL.

About twice as expensive as buying one of the (on specs at least) better MM carts, so hopefully that is enough of a margin even though I'm playing at the entry-ish level of MC.

Frankly, I also did not want to miss out on an Enigma lest the internal components vanish from the marketplace.

New kit should all arrive early next week.
Technics SL 1200G w/ Oyaide BR12 & STB-MXS - Benz Micro Glider SL - Cyrus Phono Signature w/ PSX-R2 - Rega Elex-R - Icon Audio HP8 Mk2.2 SE - Sennheiser HD800S - ProAc DT8 - CuSat 50s
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 6:03pm
Hi Jon, I used the Enigma PSU1 with my Elevator EXP and it was a notieable improvement with the music I played. I hope you enjoy the sound of it (or lack of!) as much as I did.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 3:32pm
I did this upgrade - from PSU1 to Enigma on the Reflex M. Yes there was a difference, though it took a few days to kick in. I posted about my experience on another thread about PSU Enigma in this forum. 

Edited by Pushpaw - 31 Oct 2020 at 3:41pm
P******t Debut Carbon, Goldring 1042, GS Accession MM w/Enigma, GS Solo ULDE w/PSU1, Sennheiser HD6XX, Technics SU-800 IA, Castle Knight 1, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, Lautus & CuSat50
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:55pm
Thanks David. How is it now?
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 9:12pm
I’ve upgraded to an Accession MM which I use with the Enigma so no longer using Enigma with Reflex. 
P******t Debut Carbon, Goldring 1042, GS Accession MM w/Enigma, GS Solo ULDE w/PSU1, Sennheiser HD6XX, Technics SU-800 IA, Castle Knight 1, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, Lautus & CuSat50
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 10:34pm
Congratulations!

Jon

JonThurston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonThurston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 12:05am
Having a few hum issues. Seems to be the Elevator EXP or the Enigma, since by trial and error (plugging and unplugging), and with the Accession MM by itself, no hum.

The hum is in both channels, but it has a little pulse mostly in the right channel every 4 seconds.

Taking the turntable completely out still leaves the hum.

This is into my integrated amp.

Into my headphone amp it seems a little more prominent. If (for convenience) I run the Elevator EXP and Accession into the headphone amp, and use the headphone amp's tape out in standby into my integrated amp things get really weird - another layer of squealing hum into the integrated. Then, flip the headphone amp out of standby, and back to the standard hum (with pulse) only.

A close ear to the headphone amp's off-rack power supply picks up the squealing. The PSU1 and Enigma buzz a bit, too.

Digital sources quiet as a mouse into the integrated or the headphone amp.

CuSat50s all round, btw.
Technics SL 1200G w/ Oyaide BR12 & STB-MXS - Benz Micro Glider SL - Cyrus Phono Signature w/ PSX-R2 - Rega Elex-R - Icon Audio HP8 Mk2.2 SE - Sennheiser HD800S - ProAc DT8 - CuSat 50s
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic