FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PSU1 Enigma Micro-Signal Power Supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 8:36am
Great work as ever Graham.
Will the Enigma be available to buy with the Accession MC as an extra cost alternative to the PSU1?

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
RichieCactus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichieCactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 1:52pm
Sounds great and almost makes me want to try MC...

Now, if only Graham could invent some Tinnitus-Cancelling headphones ?!

Ouch LOL
Rega RP8/Cartridgeman MM3/Thorens TD166/AudioMods VI/Accession/Croft RIAA/Arcam A85/Quad 21L
latinaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote latinaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 6:03pm
Great news indeed!
But I´m a MM user, and owner of a  "green" Reflex M.
Some hope that in the future we´ll see an appropiate version for MM preamps?
"Music nourishes the spirit"
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 6:49pm

Very interesting Graham! I would really love to know whether it shows a similar improvement if used with the Majestic. If so, it's possible I might be interested. I was also wondering if the 3 to 5 V PSU was likely to be available soon?

'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 9:40pm
Phil just listening to one of the Beatles double albums I acquired from you about 4 years ago, sounds superb (never better) though suspect It would sound better still with the A MC and new EMSPS! 

kind regards
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 7:00am
The PSU1 Enigma micro-signal power supply will be made available on the loaner program shortly.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 7:20am
Originally posted by msphil msphil wrote:

Very interesting Graham! I would really love to know whether it shows a similar improvement if used with the Majestic. If so, it's possible I might be interested. I was also wondering if the 3 to 5 V PSU was likely to be available soon?

Hi Phil, it's thanks to your requirement for the 5V 3A power supply that the PSU1 Enigma came about. I'd be interested in your findings on it with the Majestic (need to set up a loan).

The 5V 3A PSU is still at the metalworkers, and they're waiting for the mill-finish heat sinks which are a Fischer (from Germany) product, but unfortunately they sent samples of the black finished item, so we're now into another 3 weeks wait... great! (not). If I'd wanted black I'd have simply bought them from Farnell in Leeds, but we need them plain mill-finish because they have to be machined first. I suppose the black ones could be machined then the resulting chipped or scratched anodise could be stripped, and then re-anodised. Not very cost effective.

I could get our own heat sinks extruded in Gateshead, and perhaps one day I will, but its a risky investment especially when there are only 5 orders in the queue at present... Ermm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic