FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

We're off Facebook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We're off Facebook
    Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 8:30pm
After the last few replies I had on Facebook for daring to publish normal promotional material, including a comment by somebody wanting to say something disrespectful about a reviewer - a human being after all - I have seen it become a hangout for trolls.

OK, one or two comments were respectful, but not helpful, and perhaps troll is a bit OTT, but it was supposed to be a showcase for what I do, and not about dragging what I do, and others, down with adverse comments.

My message is go and pick on somebody else. I don't have to put up with it. Plus the fact that facebook does diddly squat for sales, which is what companies do, or don't frequenters of facebook know that?
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
sheepskinstu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheepskinstu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 8:48pm
Facebook is an absolute cesspit now Graham and is potentially damaging to small businesses like yourself. I gave up on it a couple of years ago and I don't miss it. 
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 11:03pm
Not just now; it has always been a cesspit. I only use it for the personal messenger system and have the bare minimum on it. Even then, between Facebook, Amazon and the ubiquitous Google, my online existence seems to have been profiled very thoroughly, judging by all the relentless advertising that comes my way. (I do receive GSP adverts Graham). Welcome to the modern surveillance society; enjoy your stay, because even if you don't, you're here to stay if your computer device is connected to the internet.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:12am
I had to laugh at one of the comments which said I should let Head-Fi readers judge my products.

It was Head-Fi readers who dared me to do the loaner program, which I did, and has been running for 7 years with the great support of Jon (UK), Bruce (USA), Derek (Europe), Keith (Australia) and Keith (Canada), not forgetting Miguel who started the USA program.

People hearing what I do can judge for themselves. I don't need somebody else's forum dictating what I do. And I don't need evey forum review followed up by "brand friends" diluting the message.

I heard this comment from an old ex-fleet air arm seviceman many years ago. He said "they'd pinch the snot off a blind man's nose", referring to those so greedy that they move in to take every single order, thus trying to deny the public any choice.

Well, I'm ashamed to see one well-known UK business always muscling-in via it's "brand friends", "to pinch that snot" or is it their head of marketing? They will know who I mean.

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 9:17am
It would seem that it's time to drop the term IT, Information Technology doesn't really describe much of the opinions that purport to be information or fact in the world of electronic communication.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 9:42pm
A very good point well made Ian. With the expansion of education and the knowledge available to intelligent readers this should be an age of reason but it is not!

Perhaps some on headfi asked but I credit Graham and his colleagues with the answer to the question about a loan scheme and more importantly making it happen. How many other businesses would have the confidence and integrity to trust their customers' judgement and invest in the inventory needed to make the loan scheme real?

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic