FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Recommendations please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 1:52pm
Ditto.
I can just about imagine the comments I would get from my family!
Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 8:03pm

Paul Simon wearing something very similar on set

Tony G
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 10:20pm
Tony, he is a music legend and hangs around with the greats, he could get away wearing anything!
If I can't find a comfortable set of cans I might have to adopt a headpiece, but for now.......

My internet searches for retail outlets in the south west has been very disappointing, only one real choice, Richer Sounds. They do have some AKG K550s, Mk2 and Mk3, which could be possibilities.
Peter
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:34am
Peter, it is also true that he does have appropriate ethnicity to lend some authority for the use.
I did spot them for 85 squids with free shipping, but not in the SW and presumably not on approval.
Tony G
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 7:21am
Originally posted by peterb peterb wrote:

My internet searches for retail outlets in the south west has been very disappointing, only one real choice, Richer Sounds. They do have some AKG K550s, Mk2 and Mk3, which could be possibilities.

The hat or the Sony's? Wink

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-7506-Professional-Headphone-Black/dp/B000AJIF4E
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 8:45am
Nearest stockist I found listed seems to be Bristol.
http://www.visuals.co.uk/10760-mdr75061.html?___SID=U
Sony hide them on their professional site and seem to mainly supply them to professional equipment sellers, they are not listed on the consumer products site.
Tony G
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 12:58pm
Made a decision. The Sony's get some bad reviews because wires to the earpieces are vulnerable, particularly when folding them. Some buyers have had them fail in less than a year.
I have ordered the AKG K550 Mk3 with free delivery from Richer Sounds. They look robust and are reported as 'comfortable' by many users. I do the occasional sound desk gigs at our local theatre and for our local Drama group so they will get tested!
I will provide an update in a couple of weeks when they have bedded in.

Thanks to all who put in their twopenneth. 
Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic