FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

GramAmp2 Communicator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyreg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GramAmp2 Communicator
    Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 8:43pm
Thank you at GSP for the quick delivery of a GA2C from UK through SimplyAudio/Netherlands to me Thumbs Up

I am one of the older members here, but with very little write ups in the last few years , sorry Embarrassed

Between 2006 and 2011 I already used a pre-RoHS EraGoldV/PSU1, an early GoldReflex/PSU1 and a post-RoHS EraGoldV.
Very fine results in those days; but when I moved address, I went for a lesser boxcount (amps: 3x Cyrus + 2x GSP)
From than on I used MMboards in integrated amps like LFD Zero mkIII and now in my Exposure XXXV

My Exposure amp needs a repair/cleanup of the source selector, so I decided to buy a 'backup' phonoamp.
That's why I now have your cheapest GA2C/basicPS playing in the background through the Exposure XXXV/line input

The plan was to switch my old PSU1 (now on a not-much-used Solo SRGII) with the basicPS and so I did this afternoon, after a few hours listening to GA2C/basicPS

And WOW..., with the PSU1 I already feel that it sounds very good: clear, detailed, 3D, space around instruments Clap
So probably the 'backup' will become the main phonoamp; really had not expected that good result !
And Oh yes...., I also didn't expect the very small dimensions of the GA2C Shocked 

Edited by Cyreg - 24 Apr 2019 at 11:55am
TecnoDec/RB250/MP110>GramAmp2C/PSU1; Cyrus CD8SE; Cyrus FM7 > Exposure XXXV > Harbeth C7ES-3 '35th Anniversary'
cabling: IC 3x DNM V3; LScable Exposure DMF-two; Furu TP60 + MWaY and AH! powercords   
Cyreg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:40am
….now a year later... Wink

With pleasure I still use my GramAmp2 Communicator with an older PSU1 (no separate DC cable)
And I can really recommend this, although not common to use with a PSU1
Could also be that it's a very good match with the Nagaoka MP110...

In the meantime I have also had the ReflexMM in my system for a few weeks (on loan)
The sound quality was better with the Reflex (bigger picture, better 3-D, smooth but detailed etc) but...

...overall I still like the "fast" GA2C with PSU1 setup in my audio system, so for the time being no plans for a different GSP amp…

So please don't underestimate the sound of the "Communicator" Wink

Edited by Cyreg - 24 Apr 2019 at 11:56am
TecnoDec/RB250/MP110>GramAmp2C/PSU1; Cyrus CD8SE; Cyrus FM7 > Exposure XXXV > Harbeth C7ES-3 '35th Anniversary'
cabling: IC 3x DNM V3; LScable Exposure DMF-two; Furu TP60 + MWaY and AH! powercords   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic