FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

2nd hand and new LPs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

I have got stuff off Discogs and the sellers were great with me, most sellers can't be bad as it's a hard world out there selling Vinyl and not much profit in it

So true - let's hear it for the many good sellers offering great vinyl for (relative) peanuts because they love the music and the medium! Thumbs Up
RedRover7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRover7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:42pm
Here in Ireland we have great rotation of regular record fairs. Details at included link  that might be handy for anyone based in Ireland or visits a bit.  I have picked up some great used and new stuff. A lot if the sellers are regulars at the events and a couple of the guys have consistently good stuff.https://recordfairsunited.ie/o
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:25pm
In Plymouth we use to get only the one and that was in the Guildhall, I always seem to be on night shift on that Saturday, I'd try to stay up but always fell asleep. Every one said to me you had to get in there early to get the best stuff.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
RedRover7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRover7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:32pm
Indeed it pays to get in early. It's amazing too how some of the old records sound so much better than the re-releases if they are mint. Of course some look good when bought and play poorly but the searching is part of the fun. Got a really clean copy of City to City by Gerry Rafferty at a fair a few months ago and it sounds amazing. Was after that one awhile. 
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:45pm
Agreed. If you visit Stockton-on-Tees please pop into Sound It Out record shop. And Hifi Sound and 2nd Hand Hifi.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
RedRover7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRover7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 8:41pm
Have never visited County Durham but its on the agenda to do so. I believe it a lovely part of the world. 
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 9:24pm
It is very nice and so is North Yorkshire.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic