FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

2nd hand and new LPs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 8:55pm
agree!
cncman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cncman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 9:28pm
Now that is strange, I have been looking at record cleaners only just today.

My local 2nd hand record shop uses a Okki Nokki for cleaning his stock, he rates it very highly but at £440 it's a bit steep for me and the 250 or so LP's that I have.
He also recommends the Project VCS at £350 but did say that other dealers have had problems with them due to the high usage that they give them, should be okay for home use though.
The other option he suggested was the Spin Clean at just £69, this is hand rotated and does not dry the records, but may be a cost effective option.
Maybe someone on the forum with a Okki Nokki can provide a record cleaning service for a small fee?

------
Steve
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 10:37pm
Sorry I can't help Steve. I used to have an Okki Nokki RCM and would recommend it. Can anyone else help Steve?

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Analogisbest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analogisbest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 6:52pm
Yes, Discogs is great, have bought several records from there with no issues.
Analogisbest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analogisbest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 6:57pm
Are you in Plymouth, MA in the States? If so there is a great record store in Boston called In Your Ear! Huge selection of 2nd hand records. Also for new, I've had great success buying online from Elusivedisc, Mucic direct, as well as AudiophileUSA. Also bought numerous records from an ebay seller called Importcds. Another comes to mind, that would be Acousticsounds for their great audiophile pressings etc......
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:56pm
I've bought a few LP's from Discogs with no problems.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
DeadWax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeadWax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 6:20pm
For new releases I buy direct from Piccadilly Records online. I've bought from there for over 5 years now and my experience has been perfect every time. The records are always well packaged and they use a decent courier too. If you spend over a certain amount then postage is free. They also are a physical shop in Manchester and I've popped in there when I've happened to visit the NW too - it's great.
For older and more rare records then Discogs is the place to be as many others have said. Again I've regularly bought from there for many years with only the one issue I can recall (which was resolved satisfactorily). Some rarer stuff I've bought from sellers in Europe and on occasion from the states, again with no issues.
Hope that helps Smile
Andy R
Lincoln, UK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic