FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Frugel Horn Lite flat pack speaker kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:56am
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

I even used it on my "new" turntable, built on an IKEA Bamboo Breadboard.

Ian, what type of soft cloth did you use? I’ve applied a fist coat with a brush, but don’t really want to buy a new brush for each coat. Cloths might be cheaper that Osmo Brush Cleaner.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:52am
Hi Ifor,
I used some fine sponge for the first coat, then soft cotton cloth from old pillowcases/sheets. Make the cloth into a pad and apply in even light strokes in the same direction as the grain. For large areas I use the cloth wrapped around a sponge as it holds more liquid. If the surface is really smooth and finished with 600 grade AlOx "sandpaper", then just the cloth is OK, a light sanding with 600 grade after the first coat improves the depth of shine if you're really fussy!

Have fun
Ian

Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:38am
Thanks. I didn’t know sandpaper that fine existed!
Ifor
=====
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 12:47pm
Is this a new design across the Frugal horn range? Only the sides look to be chamfered rather butted.

Made some XL’s about a year ago, sound excellent.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Ernie Ernie wrote:

Is this a new design across the Frugal horn range? Only the sides look to be chamfered rather butted.

Made some XL’s about a year ago, sound excellent.

It is the newest of the FH range. Stefan at KJF Audio has cut them all this way now, but not yet shown in the pictures on his website. His idea is that no clamping is needed, just tape.
Ifor
=====
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Thanks. I didn’t know sandpaper that fine existed!

When it comes to refinishing car paint and metalwork 600 grade is quite coarse, finer than Aluminium Oxide, Silicon Carbide paper grade 1200, 1800 and even 2400 are available.

Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 5:41pm
Must make some Lites then to see what they’re like. Must save the pi## about of veneering too.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic