FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Frugel Horn Lite flat pack speaker kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frugel Horn Lite flat pack speaker kit
    Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 8:56am
Yesterday I collected a Frugel Horn Lite flat pack speaker kit from Stefan at www.kjfaudio.com. These speakers will be for my daughter. I’ll let you know how I get on with build.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 10:39am
Got the glue out yet, Ifor?
I'll be watching with interest. I found OSMO Polyx oil gives very good results for finishing, got mine from here: http://www.wood-finishes-direct.com/product/osmo-polyx-oil
I put several coats on with a soft cloth and a light sand after each of the first 2 coats.

Happy building
Ian

Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:13am
OSMO Polyx oil, agreed, good stuff, great finish without too much prep. Thumbs Up
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 12:38pm
I even used it on my "new" turntable, built on an IKEA Bamboo Breadboard.

ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

Got the glue out yet, Ifor?
I'll be watching with interest. I found OSMO Polyx oil gives very good results for finishing, got mine from here: http://www.wood-finishes-direct.com/product/osmo-polyx-oil
I put several coats on with a soft cloth and a light sand after each of the first 2 coats.

Happy building
Ian

Not yet. Fitting a bath shower screen for the girl today and Caroline is using the dining table for upholstery. It’ll have to wait. Osmo Polyx Oil is already what I intend to finish them with. I recently used it on the dining room floorboards. The speakers will get a glossier finish.
Ifor
=====
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

I even used it on my "new" turntable, built on an IKEA Bamboo Breadboard.

That looks gorgeous Ian. Is it Rega based?
Ifor
=====

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 2:04pm
Thanks Ifor,
Yes, Rega 24V motor and TT PSU, stock Rega sub platter and bearing, Deco Audio twin belt pullley, 33 rpm engineering 24mm acrylic platter and Audiomods Classic arm built from Jeffs' kit.
I hope to upgrade the bearing and subplatter soon, I'll put it all in a thread soon.

Ian
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic