FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession finally here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
savakntr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savakntr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accession finally here
    Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 5:10pm
I knew that the weak link of my hifi system it was my phono stage, as intentionally I had opted for an ifi iphono 2 until I would decide on a phono stage that I would really like.

At the meantime I had tested many stages on my system namely  Soneteer Alabaster and Sendley, Audio Note M2, Cayin, Project Phono Box RS, Rega Elicit R, NAIM Superline, Manley Chinook
However none of them had convinced me and telling you the truth Iphono 2 was better than some of them.

During this process I came across the Graham Slee phono stages in two Greek Audio forum sites, which were strongly suggested by the users who had the luck to hear them. I begun searching for GS phono stages in the net and I was really impressed to see the respect for them among forums and reviews.

It was last Christmas when I had decided to send a message to GS company through the GS forum and surprisingly Graham Slee was there to answer my questions encouraging me to benefit from the EU loan scheme.
The same moment I took the decision of purchasing a Succession and bypass the loaning.

The Accession was delivered today, three weeks later, after having travelled from Little Houghton to Sheffield then to Tamworth, then to Stanford Le Hope, then to Herne -Boernig Germany, then to Nurnberg Germany and finally to Athens Greece though Milan Italy, a journey of 5014 km, (At least with UPS I am refreshing my geographic knowledge) and the same day was connected on the system for the first listening. Graham had underlined the three weeks break in period needed.

The superiority of the Accession is such that you can feel the difference from the very beginning. The music attained mass and volume. I just can’t find the right superlative adjectives to write for this fine piece of sound engineering.

After having played a couple of records, I put the Ozone Percussion on the Thorens and just stayed there speechless, while Halie Lauren amazed me with The Best Audiophile Collection LP

For the very first time I saw and heard my Thorens 2035 (SME 309 + Ortofon 2M Black), my Pass Labs XP 20  (pre amp) the two mono blocks Pass Labs X260.8 (power amps) and the KEF Reference 3 speakers shinning!

It’s amazing how this small module outperforms and bests so easily, equipment which costs more or much much more.

As a conclusion I will only say that Accession made me feel that I am closer to the music, in fact into the music.

I am now eagerly anticipating the completion of the break in period.

Thank you Graham and John!

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:37pm
Congratulations and best wishes for the week ahead as the Accession's sound gets even better.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm
Congratulations! I well remember enjoying the break in of my first piece of Graham Slee engineering, the Reflex M. Then the Proprius monoblocks, followed by the Majestuc DAC, and finally the Elevator EXP! Each time the experience was identical, with an obvious gradual improvement over three or so weeks, followed by BAM!!! All of a sudden there was nothing but music!
Enjoy your purchase,
All the best,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:25am
Good post Savvas.
Great that your Accession is impressing straight away - more's to come as the lads say.
It might have been imagination but I think the Accession took longer to fully 'come on
song' from new than other GSP phono stages, although it was impressive from the off.
Enjoy it.Thumbs Up
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:39pm
Welcome to the sound world of the Accession! It will only get better Wink.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
savakntr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savakntr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:25am
Just a follow up on Accession,

After 48 hours plugged in and the Accession is getting better and better.
Yesterday evening listening impressed me twice as much comparing to my first experience.

Graham thanks alot for your continouous follow up and your calculations

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 8:49pm
Blissful listening Thumbs Up
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic