FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Gram Amp 2 Communicator vs Schiit Mani

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RobDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 4:50pm
We have a winner!

After spending 5 days listening to both the Schiit mani and the Communicator, same LP's over and over to compare the sound (Steely Dan, Dave Brubeck, Yes, Kraftwerk, Earl Klugh, Daft Punk plus others) - I have to say although the Mani is very good, the Communicator still sounds better! Not a huge difference but still the Communicator offers better detail, more realistic instruments, more air between them too so you can hear each instrument more clearly, just all round more 'musical' than the Mani. Thumbs Up

I am returning the Mani and have placed an order for a Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Communicator from Audio Affair, with their 10% off just now I got one for £157.50. Big smile

I'll get the PSU1 at a later date.  

Edited by RobDon - 27 Dec 2017 at 4:53pm
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 9:46pm
You've still got the loan unit for another week Rob so happy listening to the GA2 until your own unit arrives.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
RobDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 10:38pm
That's the plan yes! Thumbs Up
RobDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 8:18pm
Can anyone tell me how big a difference the PSU1 makes to the Communicator? Is it a noticeable improvement or only slight?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 9:43pm
"My Audion Silver Knight pre has a superb valve phono stage, but only one, I needed two. Enter a 'White Knight' in the form of Graham Slee. He happily supplied two of his GramAmp2 phono stages. These are wonderful devices for beer money and my experience with them made me consider them capable of showing up front-end differences even at the high-end. I was right... Graham even included the optional bigger power supplies, which managed to lift the performance, particularly the sense of scale and openness, to a point where at times they were a match for the Audion stage..."

http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/turntabletest01_e.html

(17 year old review by Geoff Husband, TNT Audio magazine)

(you can also borrow a PSU1 from the loaner program)
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
RobDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 10:26am
OK great, my Communicator arrives today so I'd like to try out a PSU1 before I splash £185 on one.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by RobDon RobDon wrote:

OK great, my Communicator arrives today so I'd like to try out a PSU1 before I splash £185 on one.

Please PM Jon (Fatmangolf) unless you already have.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic